Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do you guys think I have a chance my two buddies have a New maxima an other a 2006 g35 sedan all of our cars are stock an theres are auto aswell. They will be down here for the holidays an im looking foward to the race. What do you guys think my 300c is a 2005 77k

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
You have come to right place for advice! I am a former G35 owner, and test drove the regular 300C and SRT8 before I sold the G35 and got my SRT8. You can beat them, but to guarantee your victory you will want to get your launch perfect. If you roast your tires, you will probably lose.

I've never driven the Maxima, but it has the same engine, and I believe it makes slightly less power than the G35. The automatic G35 is a bit of a dog off the line. It's torque and powerband are peaky and it doesn't really start to pull hard until mid range RPMs. With the G35, pressing the ESP button to turn off traction control only helped a little bit - the G35 traction control is highly intrusive even when it's "off", so this will work against them to your advantage. The 300C by comparison pulls harder at the bottom end because of it's flatter torque curve, but starts to fall flat on power sooner (at lower RPMs) than the G35.

Practice launching your car with ESP off for the best results. If you aren't comfortable launching your car with ESP off, you aren't ready to race them yet. Your goal is to launch with just a small chirp from the tires. Turn ESP off and apply brake. When you are ready to go, quickly bring the revs up to about 1200 RPM (don't hold it there for more than a fraction of a second while pressing the brake), release the brake, and roll the throttle quickly to floor. The throttle roll should take between 1.5 and 2.0 seconds, depending on the surface, and this is where practice is important.

Your practice and skill at launching your car will determine the outcome of the race. With cars as closely matched as the G35 and Maxima, your ability to beat them off the line is the most important part of winning the race. They will have a real hard time catching you if you quickly put a car length or two on them. Good luck, and let us know how you do!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot for the advice man!! ill def practice my launch a couple of times before we race. Ill let you know the results aswell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My buddy has the top of the line 2011 maxima maxima with the 300hp 3.5l v6. It is fast but the 300 will take that car. Plus the maxima is a 300hp front wheel drive car, torque steer is miserable and it's tough to maintain full throttle on take off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wellllll guys we finally lined all 3 cars up an raced them one from a dig one from 40 roll an one from 60 I won all three races! !!!!!!! All wernt much competition we all stayed together to until about 30when I started to pull hard on both there cars. VERY PROUD OF MY HEMI tonight.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Nice job! I knew you would win. Too bad I couldn't place a bit on this one :)

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Nice job. Sure does feel good doesn't it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts