Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new proud owner of a NEW 2007 SRT-8. I was previously an owner of a 2006 300C with every option that was available.

When I purchased my 06 I really wanted the SRT model BAD but sticker was 47k'sh which was fine, but all the dealers wanted 10-15k over sticker!!! At that time you could buy a 300C for invoice! I just could not put that much cash together so I ended up buying the most loaded 06 300C I could find. I ended up paying about 40k out the door with extended warantee. The 300C was a fantastic car, more power then you would really ever use, rode great, all the comfort features were awesome! This was the first car I ever purchased that I said I would buy new again!!! The only issue I had with this car was the transmission. 4 times to the dealer for new torque converters!!! Other then that it was very reliable. As of May 08 I had 55k miles on my 06 300C

I started to notice more and more 300c SRT8's on the road and it got me wondering, so I started emailing dealers to see what kinda deal I could get. I was thinking, heck the economy is supposidy gone to crap ( dont believe that! ) and gas is through the roof, maybe they are blowing these things out the door??? Well I got an email back stating they were selling 08's at invoice!! Nice deal... but then he sent me another email saying they had an 07 SRT8 for 32k brand new still in the showroom and they needed it to go. It had every option offered by chrysler and even had a couple more goodies my 300C did not have due to it being a year newer and more options added.

So, I took my 06 in and traded up to a 07 SRT8. I wondered if it was worth the hassle of trading in because I really liked my 300c and it was a great car! Was the SRT8 worth getting? Is it THAT much faster and better then the 300C? I sit in a lot of traffic so is the extra power even worth it? These were questions that came to mind.

I can honestly say, that trading was REALLY worth it. The SRT8 is such a great model. All the features and then some of my 300C and the power and handling of a real sports car. The stock exhaust is better then my modified 300c setup and this thing sounds mean! This is one hell of a car!!!

I wanted to post this so if someone came here searching to see if trading up to the SRT is worth it or not. I want to let everyone know IT IS!!!

Also, I wanted to add that the 08 was quite nice but I really like the trunk lid with spoiler on the pre 08 models. The only thing I liked better on the 08 was the "mygig" player and the interior was 1% nicer.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Well said my friend, well said...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good deal man. I have also been trying to trade in my 300touring for an 07 thats on the lot, but they just wont give me a great deal so I haven't gone the extra mile. I hope they drop the price for me but no luck yet they want 38000 for a demo! I said "no thank you." Glad to hear your trade went well.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Glad to hear you got a good deal, Glad you're happy with your decission, and welcome to the SRT family.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forums! Congratulations on a very good buy for your new SRT! That internet search definitely paid off! Not only did you not get that not so nice looking 08 rear wing spoiler with embedded light (similiar to the M car), you also avoided getting the only model year with the ugly fishing pole antenna on top of the roof!

bruno

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:biggrin: Thanks guys!! Not a great pic, but you can see it in the background of this pic of my garage.

They gave me 17k for my 300c. That looked about right from what I saw on the internet. Plus they let me bring in my factory wheels and they gave back my Dvinci 20" rims. I am not going to put them on the SRT. I am going to sell them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Very nice and congrats. You will NOT regret the upgrade.

·
Registered
231 Posts
First of all im jealous,second that was a heeeeell of a deal,i might of jumped on that,and congrats

·
Registered
469 Posts
i also drove a 300C previously (which i don't have now for the wrong reasons)....

but about a month ago a deal came along for my (affordable) dream car, the SRT8, $28k.. fully loaded, 25,000km. Bought that NO REGRETS!!! the SRT feels like a luxury muscle car its incredible. the 5.7's are great... but this thing is on a whole nother level.

(paying only half of what i originally paid for the 5.7L was nice too! lol)

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Ditto. I purchased a Black 300C in June of 2004.

Loved the car and am into performance. Realized that if I kept modding I would spend more than the difference for an SRT8 and still not have as good a car.

In Nov. of 2006, I traded up to a 2006 CSRT8 (Black, of course) and got a very good deal. after 50,000 miles of hard driving through Canada, most of the USA and half of Mexico, I have not regretted the decision for one minute.

Simply the BEST performance sedan out there at any price under $85,000.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Man, I envy you. I am super happy that you got a deal you could be happy with. My wife wants my 300 C so bad she can't stand it. If I can find a dealer that would treat me right I would jump on a SRT also. But around here. Dealers special order for the customers. So you cannot get a bargain price. Anyway, my wife said go get one and give me yours. Ha. no deal.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Like NR about modding

I to traded my unloaded 300C modded (then unmodded by the dealer as part of the deal) w/50K miles and they gave me 24K. They took off my headers, magnaflow exhaust and Hotchkis swaybars for me. Bought the SRT fully loaded w/16K miles for $29K.

I am very happy!

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Sometimes I almost regret getting the 5.7 over the 6.1, especially when I hear this! Though I'm not entirely sure I wouldn't have gotten myself killed in an SRT :D
I'll give my 07 C a few more years until I upgrade to an SRT

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
5.7 rules (not)

Just to try to make me feel less deprived because I have a 5.7 rather than a 6.1, I list a few meager advantages to the 5.7 over the 6.1.
- better mileage
- you don't feel that you have to run with the real badassed cars
- more colour selection (I love my magnesium pearl)
- with more ground clearance, less scraping your cars guts out on driveways and less chance of damaging the front end on curbs etc when parking
- costs less to buy
This list is pathetic, I want an 300CSRT, but the wife already thinks the 5.7 is ridiculously powerful.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Gotta give you an E for effort, robaustin!

Actually all 300's are very nice vehicles. It is great that the "old" approach to putting out a base model and building it up is back again.

The fact that over a million Chrysler 300s are on the roads means that I can buy a new front fender for only $87.00. It means I can travel all over Canada, the US and Mexico and find service.

I'm glad that our cars come in so many levels of trim and performance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i also drove a 300C previously (which i don't have now for the wrong reasons)....

but about a month ago a deal came along for my (affordable) dream car, the SRT8, $28k.. fully loaded, 25,000km. Bought that NO REGRETS!!! the SRT feels like a luxury muscle car its incredible. the 5.7's are great... but this thing is on a whole nother level.

(paying only half of what i originally paid for the 5.7L was nice too! lol)
SWEET ride! I notice you bought the best and fastest color:fing02:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I feel ya bro, I just picked up a 2006 SRT-8 with every option and 42k miles for 19K. I just switched from a Lexus, but this car is awesome!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts