Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are two types of suspensions for a 300c. Comfort and Touring.
When I am shopping for shocks, they ask whether I have the performance suspension. I have called the dealer and with my VIN number, they said it has the "touring" suspension on my 300c.
Now is the touring the "performance" spec they are talking about and the "comfort" is the non-performance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are two types of suspensions for a 300c. Comfort and Touring.
When I am shopping for shocks, they ask whether I have the performance suspension. I have called the dealer and with my VIN number, they said it has the "touring" suspension on my 300c.
Now is the touring the "performance" spec they are talking about and the "comfort" is the non-performance.
Dealer told me only springs are different between 300C models, not shocks. It’s hard to get the same story from multiple sources. Sounds like the Touring suspension is stiffer, but that’s confusing because the 300 Touring model is the base model and would have the softest suspension of all 300 models.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
From my own experience, I can believe that the Touring suspension could be stiffer to cope with higher loads.
When lightly loaded, my CRD does bounce quite a lot over bumpy surfaces, but when heavily loaded with luggage and/or passengers, the ride is noticeably smoother and more comfortable.

PS: I've just checked my copies of the original (2006) 300C sales brochures which covers 3 model variants (not including SRT8). These models are the CRD, 3.5V6 and 5.7V8 Hemi. For each model there is a Touring version, making 6 in total. I assume this thread is discussing the 5.7V8 Hemi, in which case the following data could be relevant:

Kerb weight (max)-kg: 1910 or 1955 for Touring
Gross vehicle weight-kg: 2280 or 2330 for Touring
Payload-kg: 370 or 375 for Touring
Maximum towing capacity
(braked trailer-kg): 1725 for both

I doubt whether the weight differences would justify different suspensions, but I could be wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts