Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
300C w/ 20" Helo Wheels 255/45/20 Toyo's

Greetings Fellow 300C enthusiasts,

I wanted to post pictures of my 300C with 20" Helo Cash rims. I know that 22"(s) are kind of the trend but I have a long commute and needed the smooth ride.

The tires are 255/45/20 Toyo Proxes S/T...which have a nice ride quality.

I also wanted to thank various group members for their guidance on the Wood Trim Kit, the E&G grill, the chrome pillars, air filter, and the wheels.

Thanks all 300C forum members for helping me find all this great stuff

I love this car, and look forward to driving it everyday...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Looking good, maybe lower it when the springs come out. I had Helo Spec's with Toyo tires on my Escalade and the ride quality was great because of the S/T tires. Quick question, what color interior do you have? Is it dark or light?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The interior is the dark slate...I don't think you can order the light with Silver...

I do plan to lower 1" or so as soon as the springs come out. The 255/45/20 size tire was chosen due to the original design of the prototype 300C. I should have ordered the larger rears to match the original design as well. I guess I kind of screwed that up a little.

Does anyone know when the springs are coming out?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I think the springs are suppose to be out in Sept but not sure. 300Culater could you take some pictures of your interior and post em?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hehe, thanks but I should have been more clear, I needed pictures of the interior like the seats and such so I get a idea of the darker interior. If you could post some of your interior that'll be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
901 Posts
300CULATER said:
The 255/45/20 size tire was chosen due to the original design of the prototype 300C. I should have ordered the larger rears to match the original design as well. I guess I kind of screwed that up a little.
I prefer the 20's as well, and will be having my Lorenzo LO5 covered by 255/45/20 tires installed this weekend. Just wondering why do you guess you screwed up? Do tell! :confused:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the reason I screwed up is because the prototype had 2 sizes of tires. 255/45/20's on the front and 275/45/20's on the rear....It dawned on me as I was reading one of the posts...oh well. I think it still worked out OK. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
300CULATER said:
I think the reason I screwed up is because the prototype had 2 sizes of tires. 255/45/20's on the front and 275/45/20's on the rear....It dawned on me as I was reading one of the posts...oh well. I think it still worked out OK. ;)
I keep reading it was 245 45 not 255. I dont like the 2 differnt tire size thing messes up things a little.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up CU.
Enjoy the ride :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe the wheels are heavier than stock. They are over 1" wider than the stock ones so no doubt their is a weight gain there. And I am using larger rubber which will also add some weight. I believe the wheels are cast and not forged...finding more detailed information has been difficult to find on these wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
300CULATER, every prototype picture I have has the tire size as 275/40-20's and that is the size the factory gave me when I asked them if the C would be coming out with 20's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts