Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm 25 and consider myself young, but I'm starting to regret owning a 300c when I see crap like this. I wish more kids these days would take the time to sit down with old hotrodders and custom car builders and discuss what makes a car 'flow' and what does not. There are certain custom cars in the automotive hobby that will stand the test of automotive design for ages to come, the Hirohata Merc for instance.

These days, it seems everyone is running around customizing their cars to the extreme, but with no ultimate goal in mind, no dream, no vision, no creativity. They see something on the shelf and throw it on their car. Hip Hop stars are the same way, they walk into a shop and say I want this this this and this, with no ryhme or reason except to shock and 'floss' their bling. :rolleyes:

Those cars were painted to emulate a 2-tone Maybach, and they turned out horrid in my opinion. The same thing goes for the bentley emblems people have been talking about. Leave your car what it is, a GREAT looking Chrysler; not a "Poor man's Bentley or Rolls." I've gotten that comment one too many times lately, and its because of this Bentley/Maybach/Rolls emulation trend with the car.

I'd rather be a guy with a badass Chrysler, than a guy with a Poor Man's Bentley. :mad:

·
Registered
677 Posts
E55 KEV said:
I also don't get how a 2 toned custom 300C is "Ghetto Fabulous" and this two toned custom Oldie 'Whatchamicallit' is an acceptable work of art! Is it "Suburban Fabulous"?
You must have missed my point completely then. The Hirohata Merc is a stunning example of aftermarket custom design. The modifications are so subtle that 95% of the population never notices them. There are more body modifications done to that Merc than anything you would ever find nowadays. Yet it still looks 'right'. Like it came straight from the factory, wait no, BETTER than from the factory.

Isn't that the point of aftermarket modifications to automobiles? To make them look better? While I realize its all opinions and difference in style, often times, modifications are done that take away from the overall design of a vehicle.

24" Wheels for instance are just way to large for any sedan to look "factory". While it may be subjective to opinion, I believe a proper 22" wheel can look factory on the 300c. I teeter on the fence on this issue quite often and am not afraid to admit it.

Here is some evidence.

You cannot contest that the paint job on these 300c's is not Maybach influenced. I for one, have no interest in trying to make my car something it is NOT.

You know exactly what transpired in that custom shop that did those cars. "I wan't it to look just like a Maybach."

Its a Chrysler.

Making your Chrysler try to look like a Bentley with Bentley badges, or a maybach with 2 tone paint schemes is ghetto fabulous in my opinion. Have you ever seen a Standard E Class with an AMG badge? Thats my point.

·
Registered
677 Posts
the duke said:
Outside of rap videos and the internt, most of you will never see cars like this.
I see one every day when I turn on my wipers to get rid of the dew on my windshield and many others on this forum do also. If you want to talk cars we can, but don't assume you know anything about the cars we see on a daily basis. I have 3 friends whom all won awards at the Spring Truck jamboree and many other shows. All of their cars are beyond extreme. Body drops, 24" Wheels, 3000watt sound systems. Full on showcars.

A fixed up 300c is becoming a dime a dozen here in LA. I see cars that blow my mind every day, like the BMW 645i on colormatched HRE 22x9.5 and 22x11 that I saw on the sidewalk while getting my car washed the other day. It had AC Schnitzer exhaust and the sound of it driving away was music to my ears.

The thoughts and opinions you have read on this thread have nothing to do with jealousy, I can promise you that. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I have seen E320's rebadged with E55 and AMG. Can that be called Ghetto also?
You damn skippy! :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.