Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
It puts the Ugh!! in ugly... IMO

Rogue, you are so on target! I love to hear such insight from a young person like you!!:D

We have been into streetrods for 25 years now, as long as you've been around, and it is definitely the hotrodder/ streetrodder in me that drew me to the 300C. It is an interesting fusion of retro and ultra-modern that has not been seen before AND with rear-wheel drive! I just had to have it. I think it may very well be the streetrod of the future and my grandkids will be fighting for it.

I like to indulge in a few visual and performance mods but I prefer to stay on the conservative side of the "line" and not take away from what attracted me in the first place. That's one reason I decided not to change the grille (for now- never say never); I love how it reminds me of the '57 300C's I used to see when I was a kid.

For 2-tone paint to work I think a much more definitive beltline is important and the Merc you posted is a perfect example, or think about the '56 Chevy with factory 2-tone. BUT.... to each his own!

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
E55 KEV said:
You would hardly ever find a 30/40 year old car with extreme stuff on it. Old cars are usually built up to reflect the factory and old technology.
How about 69 to 71 year old cars with extreme stuff? No old tech or factory reflections here! The only thing we left faintly resembling the old days was the body style but with subtle mods there as well. All new & power everything underneath - both tried to eat my Corvette and came real close! We were just about to 2-tone the '33 (turquoise one) w/black on top but sold it before following through.

Visit a few streetrod shows and "hardly ever" no longer fits. You see many more cars 'streetrodded' than restored to original. I think the same will be true for the 300C many years from now simply because it has such a unique look to begin with. I hope the stand-out styling becomes a trend; I loved the '40's / 50's cars when you could actually tell one from another rather than the cookie-cutter styles of late. And I hope I'm around long enough to see how someone might decide to 'streetrod' my 300C 30/40 years from now...;)

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
E55 KEV said:
HEMEEE, the new techonology I am referring too is like 20, 22, 24 inch rims, extreme stereo setups with 10 subwoofer and 20 amps, TV monitors all around, graphics, Xenon conversions, recaro seats, etc. The kinda of stuff from the movie - The Fast & the furious! :D
I get ya... so I am extreme compared to the early 20th century but conservative as compared to the 21st! :cool:

BTW, I can be fast, but I'm rarely furious;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.