Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,725 Posts
I have no opinion on the resale value of 300C's in general, but did you somehow miss the "re-built" title on that car? That car was totalled by an insurance company, and completely re-built. That fact alone should take $15,000 off the value.

I did see some others on ebay with surprisingly high bids!
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
12,606 Posts
JMatt said:
I have no opinion on the resale value of 300C's in general, but did you somehow miss the "re-built" title on that car? That car was totalled by an insurance company, and completely re-built. That fact alone should take $15,000 off the value.

I did see some others on ebay with surprisingly high bids!
Used C's are hard to come by. When a new car is in high demand, the used ones hold up well as to build quality and current owners hold on to then, resale remains high.

I saw that one on Ebay as well. Definitely a totaled unit.

Buyer beware.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,399 Posts
Apparently you are unaware of the concept of "Reserve not met yet" and ebay in general. There are 5 days left on that auction too.

Out of the 24 300c's in "Completed Auctions." The lowest price that SOLD was $30000 with 10k on the clock, Minimal Options. The highest price was 40k on a 300c AWD fully loaded with 200 miles on the clock.

Fixed up 300C's are going for upwards of $39k all day long. The classier, the better. Here is a Classic example bid up to $37k and reserve still not met. This car is on cheap chinese made knockoff wheels to boot.

Sorry to burst your bubble. But apparently YOU are the dumb one whom hasn't done their research ;) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Amen brother.

Buy the rebuilt one, save money, get what you pay for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,564 Posts
There are a lot of used C's for sale on AutoTrader.com.
This search came up with about 34 C's, if the ads are correct and I counted correctly. I searched on Engine= 8 Cylinder.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...e=&isp=y&engine=8+Cylinder&lang=&fuel=&doors=

I sorted the list by least expensive first. Options obviously effect the wide range in prices.

Mileage____Prices
18,818____$30,991
3,170____$32,467
11,795____$32,875
13,398____$32,995
14,726____$33,411
8,114____$33,992
3,729____$33,995
18,760____$33,998
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
I looked at that auction several times. It is still a nice car, although I would never buy it.

FRAUD found on autotrader.com!!! There were a couple of ads going on right now that are fraudulent, and leave it to me to find one. I was simply looking for a vanilla Chrysler 300C, and found one with a price too good to be true. I email the seller, and got a response from Florida. I asked for pictures of the car, and a reason behind selling the car so cheap. This was when it got interesting.

The pictures I noticed were from a car being sold on eBay from Salt Lake City. When I questioned the person, he replied his parents were in Salt Lake City, and is in desperate need for money. I asked for the VIN number, and he copied and pasted it into an email. During this whole ordeal, I was in contact with the dealership. For some reason I never received an email from them, so I called the sales rep from the guy selling it on eBay. He implied that this was not the first car that someone has tried to “sell” as well.

Also I have a question to the lawyers on the site if you do not mind. When does a dealership have to honor a price that was misquoted online? I am sure most dealerships have an out clause that covers them in small print. However, I used to work retail and regardless of the price if something had the wrong price on it we were bound to honor the price displayed on the item no matter how cheap.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
295 Posts
MBusby1073 said:
Also I have a question to the lawyers on the site if you do not mind. When does a dealership have to honor a price that was misquoted online? I am sure most dealerships have an out clause that covers them in small print. However, I used to work retail and regardless of the price if something had the wrong price on it we were bound to honor the price displayed on the item no matter how cheap.
That seems kind of low to me. Would you really feel comfortable with yourself forcing someone to lose a couple thousand dollars just because of a mis-print. And trust me when I tell you, even at sticker price, the dealers are not making that much money on a new car sale. Especially when you factor in all the other cars they are selling below dealer invoice and grossing about $400-$500 after all factory rebates and what not. I know you guys have heard it a thousand times but it is true. I am just the Parts Manager here and I have nothing to gain by saying this about my sales department. In fact, I find it hard to believe they keep the doors open with the money they are making on new car sales.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
wyckoffchryslerparts.com said:
That seems kind of low to me. Would you really feel comfortable with yourself forcing someone to lose a couple thousand dollars just because of a mis-print. And trust me when I tell you, even at sticker price, the dealers are not making that much money on a new car sale. Especially when you factor in all the other cars they are selling below dealer invoice and grossing about $400-$500 after all factory rebates and what not. I know you guys have heard it a thousand times but it is true. I am just the Parts Manager here and I have nothing to gain by saying this about my sales department. In fact, I find it hard to believe they keep the doors open with the money they are making on new car sales.
I'm not sure but I think the issue here is whether or not it was a mis-print or an attempt at a bait and switch.

I'm in advertising and I've never seen as many "mis-prints" as there are in automobile advertisements.

Iif it was an attempt at a bait and switch I'd do everything in my power to insure that the dealership lost money on the car to keep them from using shady practices on other consumers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
joey said:
There are a lot of used C's for sale on AutoTrader.com.
This search came up with about 34 C's, if the ads are correct and I counted correctly. I searched on Engine= 8 Cylinder.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...e=&isp=y&engine=8+Cylinder&lang=&fuel=&doors=

I sorted the list by least expensive first. Options obviously effect the wide range in prices.

Mileage____Prices
18,818____$30,991
3,170____$32,467
11,795____$32,875
13,398____$32,995
14,726____$33,411
8,114____$33,992
3,729____$33,995
18,760____$33,998
Question: Is the bigger story here not "why 36 (number could be up for debate) used C's are being sold with between 3 and 18K on the clock?
Are all these people trying to get SRT8s? Highly unlikely. Do they know something we don't?

I would like to know why they are getting rid of their C's when they are such great cars.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,597 Posts
Maybe (at 3-18K miles) those owners had the fun of experiencing dealer 'service' more than once (even if just for oil changes). That alone might turn some people off, especially those that can from service oriented brands in the first place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,096 Posts
300PMP said:
Question: Is the bigger story here not "why 36 (number could be up for debate) used C's are being sold with between 3 and 18K on the clock?
Are all these people trying to get SRT8s? Highly unlikely. Do they know something we don't?

I would like to know why they are getting rid of their C's when they are such great cars.
In my neck of the woods I am seeing a few 300C's in the rental market, it seems more than the plain 300's, so maybe they were rentals. I hear there are a few in Vegas for rent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
MBusby1073 said:
Also I have a question to the lawyers on the site if you do not mind. When does a dealership have to honor a price that was misquoted online? I am sure most dealerships have an out clause that covers them in small print. However, I used to work retail and regardless of the price if something had the wrong price on it we were bound to honor the price displayed on the item no matter how cheap.
Touched a minor nerve -

I used to own a parts/service operation, and in the early years I was in charge of pricing so occasionally there was a mistake in pricing :eek:

Just to keep the Vultures from landing; a price correction would be printed LARGE and put on an easel near the front entrance for all to see as they enterered.

- "no buddy, you can't have that header for $5.88, the price is $588.00 - so p*ss off and buy yourself a better brain with your $5.88"
- yes I was much more polite but you get the picture.

Only the price was still marked on the item in the store and the guy went laywer on our a**, would we honour it, and then know how to treat this jerk next time. ;)

If the mistake was large but still on the item, most and I do mean most customers would laugh and let us off - It's only fair.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
Pretty low IMO to try and take advantage of somebody when an honest mistake occurs, such as an ad misprint, whether it's a car dealer or whoever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
jjs said:
Maybe (at 3-18K miles) those owners had the fun of experiencing dealer 'service' more than once (even if just for oil changes). That alone might turn some people off, especially those that can from service oriented brands in the first place.
I have to agree. Dodge, and Chrysler Service departments suck ass. They are about the worst of any manufacturer. But that isnt going to keep me from getting my SRT-8! :D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top