Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was i the only one that missed this car at the Socal gathering ?

tz :D



Just Wishful thinking.....Happy good friday and have a great weekend...
But it sure does look good in between those fenders....lol

To tell you the truth i think it might be too much too handle ... i cant imagine how fast the 6.1 is more than the 5.7...not to mention a v10..
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
The Dawn of A Golden Era

tommyz said:
Was i the only one that missed this car at the Socal gathering ? tz :D

Just Wishful thinking.....Happy good friday and have a great weekend...
But it sure does look good in between those fenders....lol

To tell you the truth i think it might be too much too handle ... i cant imagine how fast the 6.1 is more than the 5.7...not to mention a v10..
THATZ THE ONE!
THATZ THE ONE THATZ GONNA BE NEXT!!
I KNEW IT, I JUST KNEW IT.
If someguy in his garage can do it DCX IS GONNA DO THIS - mark my words: V10 Imperial, she's on the way! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Viper, Viper, Viper, Viper, Viper, Viper, Viper, Viper, Viper......

by the way, did I mention Viper???

SRT-10???????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Where do I sign my life away for a SRT-10?

Is there enough room in the engine compartment for a 10-cylinder?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
V-10 On Board!

catchMEifUcan said:
Where do I sign my life away for a SRT-10?

Is there enough room in the engine compartment for a 10-cylinder?
The devil is signing people up in my neighborhood next week. :rolleyes:
And yeah, look in the photo - that red thing between the fenders is what we're talking about. :D
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
GO TOMMY GO!!

I'll drive down to SEMA to check it out in person.

"If you build it, they will come." :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Redman said:
The devil is signing people up in my neighborhood next week. :rolleyes:
And yeah, look in the photo - that red thing between the fenders is what we're talking about. :D
Yeah. I see it, but it looked photo-chopped.

The spacing where the fan is supposed (missing?) to be looks really tight!

Looks like we'll have to wait for TommyZ to check out the measurements, etc...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
Claim to Fame

tommyz said:
31k -300c plus 10k Viper upgrade...= approx..41k of PURE driving pleasure
this might be my SEMA project for 2005...whattya think ?
You would NOT be able to keep people away from that car.
You could sell tickets.
You could sell the video.
You could, well, you get the idea.
THAT would make you FAMOUS!
Jay Leno would call (have you seen his '66 Riviera conversion?).
Dieter Zetsche would call. :cool:
Etc., etc...,.
IN a word - doit!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
You can't go wrong with a Viper V-10 in anything. It's a relatively narrow engine so the between the fenders measurements shouldn't be a big problem. The snag is between the radiator and the firewall because the V-10 is so much longer than a V-8. It'd take bit of fabricating to "adjust" the firewall but anything is doable if you want it bad enough. Just bring a lot of cash. I believe it's over $15K just for the crate engine. Add a trans, rearend and computer upgrade to match the powerplant. Of course, you can look for a salvaged Viper or Ram...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
Endless Summer

AWD 300C said:
You can't go wrong with a Viper V-10 in anything. It's a relatively narrow engine so the between the fenders measurements shouldn't be a big problem. The snag is between the radiator and the firewall because the V-10 is so much longer than a V-8. It'd take bit of fabricating to "adjust" the firewall but anything is doable if you want it bad enough. Just bring a lot of cash. I believe it's over $15K just for the crate engine. Add a trans, rearend and computer upgrade to match the powerplant. Of course, you can look for a salvaged Viper or Ram...
Sure, step on our precious dreams.
Oh, the pain. Oh, the agony.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah , i was thinking maybe a totalled viper or ram for start off. I am going to go get measurements today....It would be great if one could fit it in a 300c awd....awd with a v10 sheesh it gives me goose bumps....

tz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
V10s on the web...

tommyz said:
yeah , i was thinking maybe a totalled viper or ram for start off. I am going to go get measure- ments today....It would be great if one could fit it in a 300c awd....awd with a v10 sheesh it gives me goose bumps....

tz
Help is on the way - here's a list of folks familiar with Viper conversions:
http://www.svspower.com/case_studies.aspx
http://www.off-road.com/4x4web/features/1999/03/
http://www.cars.com/carsapp/national/?srv=parser&act=display&tf=/news/archive/01sema4.tmpl
http://www.decoma.com/(they did the PT Cruiser/Viper :eek: )
"Hennessey Motorsports has drafted plans to install a Venom 650R Viper V-10 engine to create a "PT Crusher". A sequential six-speed tranny would be installed behind the engine F1 style, and the car would ride on "a race-inspired suspension using QRS shocks and springs," says Hennessey." Contact: Hennessey Motorsports, phone 281/579-2223, www.hennesseymotorsports.com.
http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/26405/
Parts:
http://www.viperclub.org/menus/index_classifieds.htm
Fat Albert's Motor Sports - Viper Racing
22014 North 20th Ave Phoenix, Arizona 85027
623-869-9307
http://www.viperconnection.com/
Weights:
Dodge Viper V10 - 648-816 lbs (some have lighter block & heads, etc.)
QUESTION: What are you going to call it?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Really nice job but the steering wheel is on the passenger side just wanted you to
know. The motor looks just insane in there. Wow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Redman said:
Help is on the way - here's a list of folks familiar with Viper conversions:
http://www.svspower.com/case_studies.aspx
http://www.off-road.com/4x4web/features/1999/03/
http://www.cars.com/carsapp/national/?srv=parser&act=display&tf=/news/archive/01sema4.tmpl
http://www.decoma.com/(they did the PT Cruiser/Viper :eek: )
"Hennessey Motorsports has drafted plans to install a Venom 650R Viper V-10 engine to create a "PT Crusher". A sequential six-speed tranny would be installed behind the engine F1 style, and the car would ride on "a race-inspired suspension using QRS shocks and springs," says Hennessey." Contact: Hennessey Motorsports, phone 281/579-2223, www.hennesseymotorsports.com.
http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/26405/
Parts:
http://www.viperclub.org/menus/index_classifieds.htm
Fat Albert's Motor Sports - Viper Racing
22014 North 20th Ave Phoenix, Arizona 85027
623-869-9307
http://www.viperconnection.com/
Weights:
Dodge Viper V10 - 648-816 lbs (some have lighter block & heads, etc.)
QUESTION: What are you going to call it?
It could be called the 300C SRT-10... :D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top