Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife stopped at the store and when she came out after 20 minutes, the car wouldn't start. All electrical (lights, windows, radio, etc.) seem to work, but when she turns the key/ignition there is no cranking. Also, when she tries to press the brake, it does not depress. ANy ideas?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
If your battery is the 2007 OEM it's probably time for a replacement.

The brake is simply out of vacuum in the booster tank from stepping on the pedal without the engine running to replenish the vacuum in the tank. Once the engine runs and creates a vacuum the booster tank will have vacuum restored and the brakes will be fine.

JSA23 :
Just notice your original post was made on 03/04/, more than a year ago!
Have you gotten it running yet? What was wrong?

·
Administrator
13,068 Posts
Sounds like a bad battery to me. Enough power left to turn on small power draws but not enough to crank. Check to make sure your battery connections are clean and tight, including the ground.

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
My car is doing the same thing. I just had a brand new battery put in, drove it a few times and now it is doing the same thing again. HELP!
Sounds like something is putting a lot of draw on the battery and killing it...

First off is have the battery tested, I know it's new but products can be defective out of the box and it might have a bad cell.

Next is check your alternator voltage to ensure its charging as it should, you can do this in the EVIC hidden menu but I'd have a proper test done as well to be safe.

If that's all good I'd start looking for a source of draw after the ignition is off like an aftermarket alarm or stereo or perhaps something plugged into the console 12v outlet.

If nothing obvious then you are looking for a current draw elsewhere.. IMO.. Go to a pro for that.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Without any gauges of those sorts on a motorcycle, the charging system is the first thing that I check as soon as anything like hard starting starts to happen (engine cranking over slower than normal).

Not to assume everyone knows all details, if you're checking it yourself, throw your multimeter on the battery terminals while the car is running (idle is fine) and if it's around 11.5-12.5 volts DC, I'd say the alternator is the place to start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts