Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Administrator
23,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Rambit...
Great site...I have been buying so many things for my new car that this is gonna be tough to get by hubby....I want to order so much from it so I was pondering and pondering some more...here is what I came up with...If I order the thong I should be good to go on all the other things...what do you think ..? should work right?...Oh I am so bad...What has this car done to my morals...hehehe
Can't hurt! I'd give it a go.

Rambit

·
Administrator
23,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
How about this...

Rambit

·
Administrator
23,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Just got an e-mail from Cafepress. Bad news for them as they've been targeted by a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack. I'm not familiar with that, but I do know it's been next to impossible to get on thier site for 2 days now. It's spotty at best. Here's the e-mail:
------------------------
Hello Shopkeepers,
As you may have read on the CafePress Community Forum, we're experiencing a targeted Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack, which is causing significant service interruptions. As of right now some customers have access that appears normal, some have intermittent access, and some have no access at all. We will continue to update the CafePress Community Forum (
http://forums.cafepress.com/eve) as we have more to share, and we urge you to check there for the most recent information.
A DDoS attack prevents access to a web site by its users. You can compare this to 500 people trying to enter a retail store through the same door at the exact same moment. This congestion prevents consistent and easy flow of traffic to the site. There has not been a breach of information.
A DDoS attack is a computer crime and violates Internet proper use policy as dictated by the Internet Architecture Board, and we are now working with the proper authorities. For this reason we are not able to share any additional details at this time.
More information about DDoS attacks can be found easily online with a quick Google or Wikipedia search.
We do consider this an attack on CafePress, but we're most disturbed at how this victimizes our community of Shopkeepers. If you have specific questions please contact [email protected] and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your continued understanding,
Jill Ambrose
Chief Marketing Officer
CafePress.com

-------------------------

Rambit

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
HEY Rambit, i have a question. My girlfriend got me the Yellow shirt with logo on front and back. When i got it today the design/logo looks faded. Is this normal. Looks like it's about 3 years old already.

·
Administrator
23,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
HEY Rambit, i have a question. My girlfriend got me the Yellow shirt with logo on front and back. When i got it today the design/logo looks faded. Is this normal. Looks like it's about 3 years old already.
No idea sorry. I suggest you contact Cafepress. They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Someone else had a complaint that the image on the back wasn't printed a while ago. They sent him a new one and let him keep the old one. Let us know how you make out with them.

Rambit

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
No idea sorry. I suggest you contact Cafepress. They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Someone else had a complaint that the image on the back wasn't printed a while ago. They sent him a new one and let him keep the old one. Let us know how you make out with them.

Rambit

Will do Rambit, thanks for the heads up! I'll report back with what they say!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I realize that the prices are right and all that, but I thought that this wasn't to sell products. If I misunderstood please let me know as I have great access to what is needed from a dealer (stock) some aftermarket accesories etc.

·
Administrator
23,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I realize that the prices are right and all that, but I thought that this wasn't to sell products. If I misunderstood please let me know as I have great access to what is needed from a dealer (stock) some aftermarket accesories etc.
Yes you VERY MUCH misunderstand. The Cafepress site is authorized by this site's owner (ekool). The prices you see there are EXACTLY what it would cost you to set up a store there. I could charge any price I wanted if I wanted to make money from this. That's not what this is about. I would NEVER take any money from this. Matter of fact I don't need it. Check around any other car forum that uses Cafepress and you'll find markups for everything.

Sorry to sound defensive about this, but I just don't want anyone to assume I'm out to gouge members here.

Bernie

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes you VERY MUCH misunderstand. The Cafepress site is authorized by this site's owner (ekool). The prices you see there are EXACTLY what it would cost you to set up a store there. I could charge any price I wanted if I wanted to make money from this. That's not what this is about. I would NEVER take any money from this. Matter of fact I don't need it. Check around any other car forum that uses Cafepress and you'll find markups for everything.

Sorry to sound defensive about this, but I just don't want anyone to assume I'm out to gouge members here.

Bernie
I did not intend to imply that you were "gougeing people. I thought we weren't allowed to advertise. No disrespect inteneded Sir.

·
Administrator
23,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I did not intend to imply that you were "gougeing people. I thought we weren't allowed to advertise. No disrespect inteneded Sir.
None taken! I only wanted to point that out for those who may have thought this was my business. I'm just the means to provide the items Cafepress has to offer and I guess you could say it's kind of advertizing this site as everything has the forums logo on it. It's meant for our 300cforums community.

I think what you're referring to is the Supporting Vendor policy on this and any other site. The 300cforums.com store is authorized by ekool (site owner) because it's a not for profit thing. Now, if I had a markup price I could see there being a problem and it wouldn't be allowed unless I was to become a Supporting Vendor here. I think also it would be looked upon as similar to an eBay seller trying to sell their wares here.

Bernie

·
Administrator
7,124 Posts
I have changed the thread title from "official" to "authorized" and made a notation in the first post to indicate this is a not-for-profit operation authorized by Admin. in hopes of clearing any further confusion...

·
Administrator
23,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I have changed the thread title from "official" to "authorized" and made a notation in the first post to indicate this is a not-for-profit operation authorized by Admin. in hopes of clearing any further confusion...
Hey, thanks for that Linda!

Bernie

·
Registered
107 Posts
hey guys, this idea is sweet! I see there are stickers and bumper stickers available at the store to buy, but is it possible to get some decals going?? I mean a sticker is a sticker but a decal (especially in different styles) would clearly distinguish people that are a part of this community from those ones that just bought a 300. or is that idea already available?

·
Premium Member
5,269 Posts
The decal and custom sticker ideas have been beaten around long and hard in the past. What you see available on CafePress is all there is and all there is likely to be unless you want to initiate a project yourself.

If you do have the resources to do something yourself remember you will need to get the 3CF owner's permission to use this site reference or if you use Chrysler you will need to get their permission too. It is not as easy as it first seems.

Good luck.

·
Registered
107 Posts
well i do photoshop a little here and there i think i could come up with some ideas and get it with the site owner...I know there are numerous vynil decal companies online that will print anything u want for a good price...just give them a file for their records on site for ppl to buy from or something...I know dodgeintrepid.net does that and it works out pretty well

61 - 80 of 89 Posts
About this Discussion
88 Replies
37 Participants
twbelieves
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing