Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
TSB/Recall Forum Moderator
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: Some of the following advance information is from unofficial sources. It is suggested that any buying decisions not be based on this information until it has been officially announced or released. Information and mentioned features are also subject to change, and will be updated if and when any such changes are known to happen.

--Compiled by ResumeSpeed exclusively for 300CForums.com--

Performance and Luxury to highlight upcoming models of the all-new 300, all-new Charger and the refreshed Challenger

Challenger SRT 6.4L set for 2011 model year release, 300C and Charger versions to follow for 2012

[300CForums.com - December 11, 2009] - The long awaited new models of the 300 and Charger, along with the refreshed Challenger, will not be short on new features or performance. Featured engines will be the new Pentastar 3.6L V6 and the 5.7L Hemi. The new 6.4L SRT engine will make its debut in the 2011 Challenger. Interiors have been significantly upgraded, especially in the 300 series and Charger. The amount of new features and options, many of which are being revealed here for the very first time, is quite extensive. Also being revealed for the first time are the production start dates for the 300, Charger and Challenger.

2010 LX/LC extended model year (300/Charger/Challenger)

The 2010 model year will be extended by several months for the Charger and Challenger, and 300 series. When the plant reopens after the standard two-week break in July of 2010 they will continue to build 2010 models. The 2011 Charger and 2011 Challenger are all set to start production on November 29, 2010. The 300 will start production on December 23rd.

2011 LX 300 series:

The all-new 2011 300 series models are set to start production on December 23rd. The 2011 base models will feature the all-new 3.6L Pentastar engine. The existing 5.7 Hemi will return. Interiors will be upgraded significantly with premium materials throughout. New standard and optional features include Active Head Restraints for the front seats; front and rear aimable LED Lamps; a Forward Collision Warning (FCW) system; four-way power lumbar controls; heated steering wheel; Garmin navigation; MediaFLO Streaming Video; Keyless Go push-button start; Remote Proximity Keyless Entry; ventilated front seats; HID bi-xenon headlamps; illuminated cupholders and Chrysler's Rear Cross Path and Blind Spot Monitoring system.

The new 300 will also offer Sirius Travel Link (SIRIUS Traffic, national weather information, fuel prices, sports scores, movie listings); Uconnect Phone next generation with Voice Command; the MyGIG radios will return, with updated features and Garmin navigation. The audio system will also be upgraded, most likely with an 11-channel 506-watt 7.1 surround sound amplifier with a full compliment of speakers and a 2-channel dual voice coil subwoofer.

2011 LC Challenger:

When the Brampton plant reopens after thanksgiving 2010 they will start building the refreshed 2011 Dodge Challenger. 2011 SRT8 versions of the Challenger will have the new 6.4L Hemi while R/T models will get the current 5.7L Hemi. Base models will come with the all-new 3.6L Pentastar engine. All models will come with 5-speed auto transmissions. Many of the new 300 series features and options listed above will also be available in the Challenger. A 6-speed or 8-speed dual clutch tranny is expected to arrive in the 2013 model year.

2011 LD Charger:

The all-new 2nd generation 2011 LD Charger will be launched at the same time as the Challenger. It will also have the new Pentastar 3.6L engine and 5.7L Hemi. All models will come with 5-speed auto transmissions. Many of the new 300 series features and options listed above will also be available in the new Charger. A 6-speed or 8-speed dual clutch tranny is expected to arrive in the 2013 model year.

2012 LX 300C SRT8:

There will be an all-new LX 300C SRT8 for the 2012 model year. Featuring the new 6.4L Hemi along with the W5-A580 5-speed transmission, the new Hemi is estimated to put out around 500hp. The 2012 300C SRT8 will start arriving to dealers in August/September 2011.

2012 LD Charger:

There will be an all-new LD Charger SRT8 for the 2012 model year. Featuring the new 6.4L Hemi along with the W5-A580 5-speed transmission, the new Hemi is estimated to put out around 500hp. The 2012 Charger SRT8 will start arriving to dealers in August/September 2011.

--Compiled by ResumeSpeed exclusively for 300CForums.com--

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks for keeping us updated! :You_Rock_

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Such awesome news, RS! Finally, after over 5 years, I might be re-interested in another 300 vehicle. That 6.4 with all that hp and other tweaks sounds very inviting. Too bad that Magnum still isn't around to also get this upgrade.

Sign me up for the first one to roll off the line. :biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
978 Posts
THANKS ResumeSpeed!!

:)

That was great. But still.... it sure seems like a LONG ways away before we actually see anything. [Or should I say - get to drive/buy anything] And I was curious.... Why would anyone want the same-old 5-speed auto on the next 300C SRT8 when - IF they just wait 6 months - they could get a '12 model with an all new dual-clutch transmission?! [That's more of a rhetorical question than anything else!!] And I sure hope that one can get a 6-speed in the Challenger V6.

Any word on when the GC comes out and when the updated minivans and Sebring/Avenger will be ready?! :)

Craig!! :biggrin:

·
Administrator
23,424 Posts
Great news buddy and thanks for bringing all the news to us first with this exclusive announcement!!! This reminds me of going back in time to March 2005 for the 300C SRT8 and the excitement that was generated back then. New car, new engine... WOW!!!

I think leftlanenews should be using you as their source!!! Once again ResumeSpeed comes through for us with this never seen before exclusive information. I'm glad Chrysler decided not to skip 2011 for the SRT8's. I'm also bettng the interior upgrades will be a hugely welcomed improvement. Can you confirm that the navigation will be from Garmin?

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
If the Magnum were still offered, then I "might" consider an upgrade to the 6.4L 500(+) HP beast... even so I/we might be tempted to trade the H.E. for a new 300C SRT8... will have to talk to the wife about that one... afterall it's her car now.

THANKS ResumeSpeed... you connections and information stream are tops!

·
Administrator
23,424 Posts
Too bad there's no 2011 GC SRT8 though. Oh well, I'll wait another year.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,424 Posts
I'm wondering if they've made any changes with the W5-A580 for 2011.

Bernie

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Too bad there's no 2011 GC SRT8 though. Oh well, I'll wait another year.

Bernie
Same deal. It's either that next or a Challenger, since I've already got winter covered.

·
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...Why would anyone want the same-old 5-speed auto on the next 300C SRT8 when - IF they just wait 6 months - they could get a '12 model with an all new dual-clutch transmission?!
It's possible that the 5-sp has been "enhanced", and since the launch is 14+ months away it's also possible that a new tranny could make it to production by then.

And I sure hope that one can get a 6-speed in the Challenger V6.
No plans at this time for a manual tranny in the base Challenger.

Any word on when the GC comes out and when the updated minivans and Sebring/Avenger will be ready?! :)
Current plans call for the new GC to start production next May, the Sebring/Avenger in late July and the minivans in late November.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
awesome information!!

but why does the 300 srt8 only get a 5 speed and the charger and challenger both might get a 6 and or 8 speed options?

·
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
but why does the 300 srt8 only get a 5 speed and the charger and challenger both might get a 6 and or 8 speed options?
The Charger and Challenger are both currently spec'd to also get the 5-speed. Tranny plans could change though by the time production starts.

A Getrag 6-sp dual clutch tranny (Model MPS6) was originally set to debut in the 2010 minivans, and thereafter to launch in several 2011 model year vehicles. Due to a falling out with Getrag, plans were cancelled. Chrysler currently has several new trannies in the works, both 6-speed and 8-speed versions.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Rs Great info as normal, with your info obtained I found out that the 2011 charger will be at detroit auto show but not the 300 but a picture of the new 300 model will be leaked by the detroit show. Again thank you for ur info RS your the one of Chrysler Life lines and they dont even know it. One thing i dont understand and maybe you can shed some light on the issue, Chrysler had a 300c two mode prototype based on the old new redesign, and i dont know what happen to it, it was suppose to get est.21 city and 29 hwy with 390 combined hp what happen did they scrap the entire project with the new ownership.

·
Administrator
23,424 Posts
It's possible that the 5-sp has been "enhanced", and since the launch is 14+ months away it's also possible that a new tranny could make it to production by then.
I guess that answers my question then. Maybe they hooked up with Builder Bill!

Bernie

1 - 20 of 131 Posts