Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I think it's a very bad strategy for Chrysler to wait so long to release photos of the redesigned 300. We've seen the teasers and nobody is going to make a purchase decision based on that. The Motor Trend (in Baltimore) and D.C. Auto shows have come and gone and I am a bit disappointed that the 300 was absent. Nobody will even know it's been redesigned if they keep being so secretive about it. It would be a stupid move for the "big boss" to wait to reveal "real" photos until 90 days before they are available.

By the way ResumeSpeed, thank you very much for keeping us posted on the latest information. Thanks for the good news about the earlier than expected release of the Charger and 300. Do you know when the "big reveal" will be made to the press/public?

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
I think what Chrysler should do is figure out a way to "reveal" a 300 now that's so appalling, that a "GET ONE WHILE THEY STILL LAST!" current 300C fiasco happened, and then a start a campaign to "help make the 300 better!" lol. In the end they boost current sales, and then everyone gets the 300 they want XD

·
Registered
981 Posts
I think it's a very bad strategy for Chrysler to wait so long to release photos of the redesigned 300. We've seen the teasers and nobody is going to make a purchase decision based on that. The Motor Trend (in Baltimore) and D.C. Auto shows have come and gone and I am a bit disappointed that the 300 was absent. Nobody will even know it's been redesigned if they keep being so secretive about it. It would be a stupid move for the "big boss" to wait to reveal "real" photos until 90 days before they are available.
Hi Ken!! :)

I don't agree with you AT ALL!! In fact - I think it would be a BIG mistake to reveal the all-new 300 [And Dodge Charger] 10+ months before they find their way to a Chrysler dealer near you. [Although I think 'teaser shots' are fine] My worry is that if they were shown NOW - by the time they reached the dealer - many of us would be sick and tired of looking at them. Much of that all-new magic would have disappeared. A few months before would be fine - I think. But no sooner. IF I was running things at Chrysler - I wouldn't show the 300 or Charger until August. Maybe then - you can get people excited enough about the cars that they WILL wait a few months to get one. But how many people are willing to wait 10 months or more?!

When I was a kid - every October [For several days in a row] the dealerships throughout my city would be closed. Their showroom windows would be covered up in paper and there would be ads in the newspapers and on the radio inviting everyone to see the 'all-new cars for 1976'. [Or whatever year it was] It was a big deal. Hundreds of people would show up. There were often bands playing and ladies waking around with trays of free food and drinks and balloons and so on. It truly was the first time any of us actually saw the new cars. Some dealerships went 'all out' trying to impress. And they succeeded. It was a social event. 'Special customers' would get a preview showing as long as they promised NOT to talk about what they saw!! [People tend to like that crap!! lol] It would be fun if that was brought back. Now-a-days new cars come out at any time at all. And usually to little - if any - fanfare.

Imagine seeing - for the first time [And in person] the all-new Chrysler 300C and Dodge Charger AND updated minvans AND re-designed Sebring and Avenger - AND the Fiat 500 - ALL on the same night? That would get people talking. Chrysler needs to 'knock the socks' off of consumers. Lay low now - but one day in the fall - all over North America - throw consumers completely off balance. Get THEM to brag about YOUR product. That's how you sell cars.

Craig!! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
CanadaCraig;920666Imagine seeing - for the first time [And in person said:
the all-new Chrysler 300C and Dodge Charger AND updated minvans AND re-designed Sebring and Avenger - AND the Fiat 500 - ALL on the same night? That would get people talking. Chrysler needs to 'knock the socks' off of consumers. Lay low now - but one day in the fall - all over North America - throw consumers completely off balance. Get THEM to brag about YOUR product. That's how you sell cars.

This would be awesome. In the age of the internet though, what are the chances you wont see at least 1 sneak peek? A car uncovered on a trailer, a spy shot through torn paper, someone from within the company snapping a cell phone camera pic... etc.

I think it would be amazing if they did that. I would be at my local dealership lined up like it was Black Friday and they were selling a plasma TV for $100. I am sure other people would be, too. But the ability of a company to pull it off in this day without SOMETHING leaking is quite unlikely. I'm tentatively excited about what is coming for both Chrysler and Dodge though.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I can certainly understand why they will wait to show us the redesigned models, but to wait until this fall just to see a photo is a mistake. Think about it like this. We are the most enthusiastic group of people about Chrysler products and we are well informed because of this forum and people like ResumeSpeed. The "other" people will not even know the new models exist if they don't show them to the public. The news and pictures need to make their way into auto magazines too. A September reveal of a product coming out this fall is just too late, IMO.

·
Registered
981 Posts
This would be awesome. In the age of the internet though, what are the chances you wont see at least 1 sneak peek? A car uncovered on a trailer, a spy shot through torn paper, someone from within the company snapping a cell phone camera pic... etc.

I think it would be amazing if they did that. I would be at my local dealership lined up like it was Black Friday and they were selling a plasma TV for $100. I am sure other people would be, too. But the ability of a company to pull it off in this day without SOMETHING leaking is quite unlikely. I'm tentatively excited about what is coming for both Chrysler and Dodge though.
I think 'sneak peeks' and 'spy shots' etc., are GREAT - as long as they keep people guessing as to what the final product really looks like. [In its entirety] Maybe show a LITTLE more of the 300C - on the outside - but nothing about the interior. [Something like that] But as I see it - showing the car NOW would be like Chrysler mailing out glossy, full-coloured, fully detailed 2011 Chrysler 300C/Dodge Charger brochures with a little note attached saying, "Look and dream - but you can't have it for another 10 months or so". I think that would do more harm than good. [Especially given the fact that the 2010 300C will continue to be built well into August or maybe even September]

·
Registered
185 Posts
Perfect timing for me - my lease is up in Jan 2011. I like my 300C a lot but these tidbits have gotten me excited enough I won't entertain thoughts of keeping it and putting money into it. I can start saving now in anticipation of the new 300 and I think I'll get the SRT this time.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
^^^^^ Sounds like a good plan!

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
When do you think we will get a better look at the exterior redesign? I've seen the teasers, but they don't show enough. LOL. The teasers are kind of like looking at a girl with really nice breasts when she's wearing a sweater covering everything up. You know what I mean?

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
When do you think we will get a better look at the exterior redesign? I've seen the teasers, but they don't show enough. LOL. The teasers are kind of like looking at a girl with really nice breasts when she's wearing a sweater covering everything up. You know what I mean?

haha nice way of putting it lol :pat:

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Yes, I agree. How cool would it be if they bring out the 8-speed transmission earlier than scheduled? Can you imagine an 8-speed SRT8 with a Predator tune to firm up those shift? That would be very cool.

I really really hope they don't bring these cars to market with a 5-speed tranny. That's so last decade. lol. Seriously, I'd consider the SRT when it comes but the tranny could be a deal-breaker. Just can't wait another year for them to upgrade the gearbox.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
This totally changes things for me. I was, for some reason, not expecting a new SRT8 til about 2 years from now, thus not letting me transition from one to the other. But now, if everything RS has told us turns out to be true, I may totally reconsider leaving Chrysler, especially if this car appeals to me in the same way my current one did/does. I am kinda liking the teaser picture, it just depends on how true they stay to that.

I wouldnt be an early adopter on this, as i HATE this current transmission and is one of the reasons i didnt want to stick around, but if the 6 speed DCT actually happens, then im almost sold.

101 - 120 of 131 Posts