Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I second that...

It's really exciting to see all the people who ordered their SRT8 in early-mid january get the info on their build dates for March. Im sure they're not getting too much sleep.
I ordered mine on Febuary 18th and don't expect it until July-August(hopefully!).

·
Registered
13 Posts
ZA Status?

Not having been interested in a specific auto for years.... (the '57 300C was my last car of interest), I'm not used to reading the excitement in everyone's communications re: the CSRT8... I think this is great! But here's my question for anyone who's delt with auto companies recently... I made my SRT8 order about January 10. After being shuffled through some mistakes at DC, I finally get a VON... I continued to check up at the Chrysler... and finally get the BA status... confirmed a couple of time with different phone calls. Then today, I call and find out I'm in "ZA" status... DC says "you're on hold, and we don't know why, call your dealer". A phone call to the delaer and they say "ZA" means the "order has been cancelled"... to which they say they DEFINATELY HAVE NOT DONE! So... now I'm in limbo again... anyone else find out they're in ZA status? Should I be concerned?

JRS

·
Registered
289 Posts
JRS said:
Not having been interested in a specific auto for years.... (the '57 300C was my last car of interest), I'm not used to reading the excitement in everyone's communications re: the CSRT8... I think this is great! But here's my question for anyone who's delt with auto companies recently... I made my SRT8 order about January 10. After being shuffled through some mistakes at DC, I finally get a VON... I continued to check up at the Chrysler... and finally get the BA status... confirmed a couple of time with different phone calls. Then today, I call and find out I'm in "ZA" status... DC says "you're on hold, and we don't know why, call your dealer". A phone call to the delaer and they say "ZA" means the "order has been cancelled"... to which they say they DEFINATELY HAVE NOT DONE! So... now I'm in limbo again... anyone else find out they're in ZA status? Should I be concerned?

JRS
Most likely because a lot of dealers got greedy and tried to order more SRT-8's than they were going to be allocated.. Most dealerships are only getting 2-3 SRT-8's based on what a DCX manager told a dealer friend of mine, who when he ordered 50 SRT-8's received a phonecall from the district person was told "haha - nice try" and cancelled all but two of them... So, my guess is that your cancelled order was an order that some DCX cubicle rat "manager of something" just didn't catch initially.

·
Registered
856 Posts
joeSRT8 said:
Most likely because a lot of dealers got greedy and tried to order more SRT-8's than they were going to be allocated.. Most dealerships are only getting 2-3 SRT-8's based on what a DCX manager told a dealer friend of mine, who when he ordered 50 SRT-8's received a phonecall from the district person was told "haha - nice try" and cancelled all but two of them... So, my guess is that your cancelled order was an order that some DCX cubicle rat "manager of something" just didn't catch initially.
And to add to that. I would ask you how long you have been dealing with this dealership. If you have a good relationship with them and trust them, you should ask them to be straight forward with you. Ask them if they had/have allocation for any SRT-8s. If so, how many and where you fit in line with regard to sold orders they already have in. That's a simple question to answer. "We got 1 allocated this month and you're #2 on the list. If we get allocaiton next month, the car is yours." Something along those lines. If they can't answer you definitively it means they have no allocation. Plain and simple. And they can place orders for you all day long and give you VONs to go with those orders. Fact is, if you don't go into D status, they don't have allocation.

I really hope it works out for you. Keep us posted.

Dan

·
Registered
263 Posts
Funny .. that makes sense ...

I think my dealer had many on order also ....

But, mine was a paid deposit .. real customer order ... I don't know why DCX deems it necessary to cancel mine as well ....

That sucks ... I could have gone to another dealer if I had known that was going to be an issue ....

In my opinion, dealers should have been able to place "true" customer orders, and DCX should have filled the demand (heck, if they wanted to verify them, so be it), and supply the vehicles .... but oh well .....

BTW, mine is also "Cancelled" or "ZA"

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
300CSRT8 Delivery

I have total confidence with my dealer. Should receive car in April. Dealer had 2 allocations. I have the second one. MIKE VON# 14

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hello guys,
Hope you don't mind me jumping in ,but is there any chance that the dealer can cancell an order once you have paid your depoist and have been given a vin,von and a D status?

I ordered A Silver 2006 SRT8 fully loaded about 3 1/2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I think Joe and Dan hit it excactly.the reason I think that is that I went to the dealer on 2/2, to test drive a C, and Hemi Jeep. In casual conversation I asked the salesman if he knew when the SRT8 was "coming out" (I knew nothing of this stuff about sold orders, allocations, etc). He was a young, newer salesman, but honest. He said they had heard "soon", but nothing was allocated to them yet. The very next day he said two had been allocated (2005s, one silver, one black). I went there and put down a deposit, got a receipt, and a printed "build order". He said someone had comein earlier and bought the silver one. I asked how long to get the car, he said approx 45 days.

Last week he gave me a vin, and said I was D1, with a ship date of 3/18, which I verified via the 1-800 #. By the way, he said the silver one was "backed out of" by theclient (who took the $2000 hit), and that that was going to be in thedealership a bit sooner than mine, and I could come drive it. Of course, being impatient, I asked him if I could take that one and he told me I would not want it since it is not loaded like mine. (if he lets me drive it, it probably means they have not sold it, which matches some previous posts where our factoryfriendsays not all these cars are loaded.

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
You've been scammed. All 2005 models will be the same. Your dealer probably made up the story about 2 SRT-8's. There were a grand total of ZERO SRT-8's ordered by dealers in 2005. There was one and only one way to get them.
The Chrysler rep calls the dealership and says "you can have ONE if you want it." The dealer says "YES SIR! We'll Take it!" Then a customer can put their name on it if they were at the right place at the right time.
Someone can certainly prove me wrong, and someday we may find the holy grail: That one 2005 that was different from the rest, but I doubt it. I know RT4 said he saw some in the system that were not sold orders and were not loaded, but they alldissappeared in one day. I'm guessing they were "orders" that slipped into the system and were cancelled. (and there are maybe 2 or 3 dealers in the country that got 2 2005 SRT-8's).
Bottom line: Your dealers story is highly implausible.
One of my local dealers had 2 (they said) but then one had to be scrapped because of bad paint. What's funny, is that was a month before the first SRT-8 ever hit the assembly line. Amazing story they made up though.

·
Registered
334 Posts
1) There ARE dealers who got 2 2005 SRT-8s.
2) They are NOT all fully loaded, there is a mix from 0 options, all the way to fully loaded. The factory does this for "practice" to make sure that every combination goes down the line w/o problems. (Thats how it was explained to me.)
3) Not sure if any actual orders were built, or if they were all pre-spec (built by the factory).
4) ZA IS BAD! The factory does not cancel orders until months after the model year is sold out. The factory is just now cancelling '05 LX orders.

JRS--- The dealer initially ordered yours as an '05. It would make sense that this order is ZA now, but IF IT WAS ORDERED CORRECTLY as a sold order, the factory automatically re-ordered the vehicle as an '06, with the same VON. This can protect you from the gas guzzler tax. When the factory re-orders sold cars in a new model year (what should have happened to yours):
A) The vehicle is a sold order, but doesn't show up as one in the dealer order status.
B) The vehicle won't appear near other LX models ( you have to search for it in the dealer order status).
C) The gas guzzler tax will appear on the new order, but the dealer can (possibly) get that removed by the factory, although it may be too late.
If your dealer is totally clueless, you may have to tell him A,B,C.
Good luck,
RT

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
I defer to RT4. I believe his info is the best available. I stick by my analysis, but the odds are much better that the dealer made up a story. I don't think there are a bunch of lying salespeople out there, just a bunch of sales people who never understood the story initially - perhaps because they never had good info.

Look at it this way: As I write this, 26 people had responded to the poll that they ordered 05's. 22 times, the order was changed to an 06. That's 85% of the time that a dealer promised a customer an '05 and was unable to deliver as promised for one reason or another (not necessarily because they lied, or were trying to otherwise deceive someone, but they at least had bad information about what cars they could order at all).

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I agree and am actually really upset that my 05' order was switched to an 06', not because of lack of availability, BUT because it seems most of the orders going to dealers are not sold orders, but dealer allocation. WHAT????!!!!! If I thought there was any real legal recourse, I'd probably start pursuing it, but I'm no attorney. I have an 06' VIN now, but still not happy about losing my 05', since I been waiting to order it for 6 months (joined the forum in July of last year to find out when the SRT-8 was going to become available) and feel EXTREMELY CHEATED by DCX, not the dealer. If I didn't want this car as much as I do, I'd have already bought a Jaguar, Benz, or BMW.

·
Registered
639 Posts
XCITsNU said:
I agree and am actually really upset that my 05' order was switched to an 06', not because of lack of availability, BUT because it seems most of the orders going to dealers are not sold orders, but dealer allocation. WHAT????!!!!! If I thought there was any real legal recourse, I'd probably start pursuing it, but I'm no attorney. I have an 06' VIN now, but still not happy about losing my 05', since I been waiting to order it for 6 months (joined the forum in July of last year to find out when the SRT-8 was going to become available) and feel EXTREMELY CHEATED by DCX, not the dealer. If I didn't want this car as much as I do, I'd have already bought a Jaguar, Benz, or BMW.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
you guys are scaring me....

I am afraid to update (check) the status today. Last time I did (it was d-1) with a 3/18 ship date.

Oh well...I am going to check it later today....

·
Registered
44 Posts
How is everyone, I ordered 05 black SRT-8 last thursday from my dealer they ordered it on Jan 3, I got the VIN # and the VON # and the status is D1. I know alot of dealers here in Ottawa are not getting 05. I guess I might be the luckey one. I had one Question is the grill insert painted the same color as the body paint?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Silver Grille

Johnny's right Silver DCX will not do special paint gotta do that yourself

- slightly better view

Attachments

·
Registered
687 Posts
05 Srt8

Hi Guys
I am one of the 05 to be recepients, Steve88 on this board was the salesman I got it from,
VIN 5H687749,

HI RaMBITT,

Sorry I.m late

Mar 18th , Ill be on vac , hope they don't sell it on me ,
STEVE TINT THEM WINDOWS ASAP, AND NOOOOOOOO DEALER BADGING!!!

Regards

Walter

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
haas said:
Hi Guys
I am one of the 05 to be recepients, Steve88 on this board was the salesman I got it from,
VIN 5H687749,

HI RaMBITT,

Sorry I.m late

Mar 18th , Ill be on vac , hope they don't sell it on me ,
STEVE TINT THEM WINDOWS ASAP, AND NOOOOOOOO DEALER BADGING!!!

Regards

Walter
Hi haas:

Our VIN's are pretty close to one another. Mine was finished this AM. Where are you at in this heap?

Rambit :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts