Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to order tires today and whenever I decide on a tire I get new info that makes me second guess it.

If I put 305/35r20's on the rear, how will my car handle corners? Would I have to worry about taking corners going 70? If the 305 wide rear tires are going to fall off in corners, I'm just going to put 275's on.
I'm definitely putting 245/45s on the front.

I'm getting Mickey Thompsons all around. Street Comps in front and either Street Radials (305) or Street Comps (275) in the back. Just need help deciding which one. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know there's a ton of tire info on here, but I couldn't find anything about 305's for semi-daily use in nice weather.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
I haven't tried a 305/35 but my thought is that a 35 series tire does not have enough sidewall flex to corner really well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't tried a 305/35 but my thought is that a 35 series tire does not have enough sidewall flex to corner really well.
Thanks Maddog, I think I'll go with the 275's then unless someone gives me a reason not to. Hopefully I see a big improvement in traction from the 255 Goodyear RS-A's I'm running now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts