Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well let me just say that I went for my first trip with my 300C (5.7l Hemi Engine) and I hit 31.1 mpg.
I then snapped a Picture with my phone to show everyone on the forums.
Check it out...
It did hit 31.1, but with no photochoppin, no airbrushing, no touching the actual picture in anyway.
I think I can hit 40mpg, but my trip was not long enough.
Believe it.....Well if you constantly press the reset button, its always rising and if you do it enough im sure you can probably get like 100mpg/

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
NautcaSprt6 said:
Well let me just say that I went for my first trip with my C and I hit 31.1 mpg.
Check it out...
It did hit 31.1, but with no photochoppin, no airbrushing, no touching the actual picture in anyway.
Believe it.....

You have a 340HP 390TQ 5.7 liter hemi V8...

...PLEASE would everyone stop bragging about FUEL EFFICIENCY!!

;) :D

j/k

·
Registered
677 Posts
We all own the same car bud, and unless yours shipped with a touring motor I don't believe ya... :wave:

I've seen mine read 60mpg right after I reset it on a downhill with a tailwind.If you want I can snap a picture of it and I too can join the 30mpg club :silly:

·
Registered
482 Posts
I would have to agee, if you can fill up your tank and the math works out that you really got 31MPG, I'm impressed.
I didn't buy mine for gas mileage, if I had, I would have bought something else. My wife on the other hand has been complaining about the mileage since we got it. When she learns to keep her R. foot out of it, it should get better.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i dont understand all these claims of awesome C gas mileage...i average between 14-16 depending on the mix of city/hwy.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I took mine on my 1st trip about 3 weeks ago, I did a 600 mile trip over the weekend. Highway cruising I got 21 MPG, doing about 60 MPH. It had almost 3K on the clock, so it may not be broken-in yet.
I would like to see it get a little bit better, maybe like the EPA ratings, but if it doesn't, I'll live with it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have had my 300C for a few months now, and my milage is averaging right around
20 mpg.

I fill up my tank, zero the "A" trip odometer, and drive around until I am down to about
a quarter tank of gas.

Then I fill the tank all the way back up, divide the miles driven by the gallons used,
and I have been getting a steady 19.5 to 20.0 miles per gallon.

The avg readout in the dash will usually say about 19.4 to 19.8 gallons, so it seems to
be pretty accurate.

My driving is a combo of both city and highway, with about a 40/60 split with the
60 percent on the highway.

I didn't really think the electronic display would be accurate because you can get
40 MPG going down a long hill while coasting, and you can get 9 MPG when you stomp
on the gas pedal. But it seems that the "average" display is very close to the actual
real milage figure.

The 31.1 MPG figure was probably taken on a nice long downhill run, as we all know
that there is no way in hell a 300C could ever average that kind of milage with the
engine we have.

But to be honest, I never thought I would be getting 20 MPG from this car! I did
not buy it for that. I bought it for the power, style, and overall appeal of the car.
I really didn't care what kind of milage it got. But getting the 20 MPG is a nice
bonus.

Oh, and I do not have any aftermarket items installed yet either. I do have a K&N
Typhoon still in the box ready to be installed, and I also have a Magnaflow cat-back
to install also.

I figure that my milage will probably go DOWN after these installations, only because
I will be tromping on the gas more at the beginning!! I would think that after a certain
time period, my milage will go up to about 22 MPG after I start to drive the car with
a little more ease.

At least that is what I figure since I have read of people getting a mile or two per
gallon more with these mods. But if not, so be it...

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
31.1 Mpg?

Ya, down hill with a tail wind! But then who can go down hill all the time, let alone have the wind at their back?
Of course, one could reset the EVIC at the top of a long down hill run and literally coast to the bottom and show mileage numbers like that, or better, maybe.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've never seen any V8 car owner's board with so many people obsessed with mileage. A sign of the times, I suppose.

I average between 19 and 21mpg (mixed city/highway), and about 24-26mpg (mainly highway). There was a time when I averaged 32mpg for a stretch of about 5 miles @ 50mph. But that didn't last long.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Real-world mileage: 13-14 in "mixed" traffic, 10 in idling traffic, 24-25 in "light" highway, 17-18 if I get to do a couple of "light" highway runs along with the "mixed". The only fair comparison is overall from a full tank down to empty. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Dutch said:
I'll believe it when you fill your tank and the math works out.
What he said, If you reset when going down hill with your foot off the accelerator you could hit 100mpg, rather pointless. The proof is in the pudding not in the recepie, do some old school arithmetec and calculate based on the fill up, you'll prolly get an average of 17 like the rest of us (I get 25-28 on road trips)

·
Banned
87 Posts
NautcaSprt6 said:
Well let me just say that I went for my first trip with my 300C (5.7l Hemi Engine) and I hit 31.1 mpg.
Check it out...
I think I can hit 40mpg, but my trip was not long enough.
Believe it.....Well if you constantly press the reset button, its always rising and if you do it enough im sure you can probably get like 100mpg/
you are not getting 31 mpg unless you drive at a constant downhill grade at 50mph and everytime you want to make a pit stop, you jump out of your moving car not ever having to accelerate from a stand still point. Anyone can accomplish exactly what your doing when they reset the computer at the optimum time giving you a moment to see an astounding reading that will quickly drop.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
rogue said:
We all own the same car bud, and unless yours shipped with a touring motor I don't believe ya... :wave:

I've seen mine read 60mpg right after I reset it on a downhill with a tailwind.If you want I can snap a picture of it and I too can join the 30mpg club :silly:
Heck, I don't even get that kind of mileage with my 'Touring motor'. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Just have the frickin' thing towed...you will get incredibile mileage then!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hahaha....I love all the smarta*s responses here!

Actually, he may not be too far off. I took a road trip with about 2400 miles on the car and averaged 28.sumthin. I posted it in another thread as I couldn't believe it myself.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts