Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any input on these clear bras? Seems like a great idea.. They have them on ebay for under 300.00. Maybe one of the supporting vendors will pick some up for us.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
rmedina said:
Any input on these clear bras? Seems like a great idea.. They have them on ebay for under 300.00. Maybe one of the supporting vendors will pick some up for us.. :rolleyes:
do a search. there were some folk who put posts on clear bra's a few weeks/months back.

good luck

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
rmedina said:
From my own experience, having seen them at shows... there is a discernible 'edge' that is especially visible on lighter colors.

From others' experience, it requires an experienced installer. No matter what they may tell you to make the sale, this is NOT a DIY project !!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have to agree. We do this as a living here in Portland and it is not easy. We chose not to offer these for sale in kit form due to the inability for most to just throw them on the first time. We are very competitiive in our pricing but our work speaks for itself. We take care of all the luxury dealers here in the area.

As for the line, that is true, it goes right across the middle of the hood, but from a few feet back you cannot see it at all and the huge upside is that you don't get any chips. It is truly worth the money to have it proffesionally installed by a reputable shop.

If any of you have questions about the products available I would be more than happy to be a sounding board, I can even find a reputable installer in your area for you guys. We truly belive in the product and it's abilities.

·
Registered
84 Posts
1.You will see a line on the hood, 2.You will see the scratch's on the product, 3.You will pay someone else to do the install. 1 wax will try to build up. 2 scratch's can not be rubbed out. 3 A pro takes all day to install, a regular person FOREVER.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well Smitty has some points. You will see a line, that... you can't get away from but you will only see it if you are looking for it. You might be surprised to know there are a lot of cars with film installed that you walk right by and never notice because you are not looking for it. The wax will build up and yes it will scratch....just like your car. The product is not invincible and is not designed to be. It does take some upkeep. You can wax it just like you do your vehicle, that will keep the scratches away just the same as your paint and after you wash and wax you simply take a cloth and go along the lines and keep the debrit from building up. It is not a maintanace free product but needs no more care than your vehicle. There are also some really great polishes out there that you can spray on every time you wash the car and it keep the film looking great.

As for install. An experienced installer can do a full quality install in 3-4 hours depending on the vehicle. And yes smitty I do agree.hahahah someone with no experience will probably take forever and also have that little vein on the forhead sticking out when they are done....hahahaha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts