Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I went on ebay and bought a 3m spoiler for my 300. The problem is that it comes straight, and i need to bend it. I have some ideas on how to do it but I wanted to hear from you all first. My idea was a couple clamps and a heat gun. What do you think? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Hey guys,

So I went on ebay and bought a 3m spoiler for my 300. The problem is that it comes straight, and i need to bend it. I have some ideas on how to do it but I wanted to hear from you all first. My idea was a couple clamps and a heat gun. What do you think? Thanks!
What?? You need to bend it yourself?? Got a link to see it or a pic? No offence but that sounds a little hokey and a tad bit difficult to get a nice fit. Was no prefab OEM spec ones on there? If your stuck on that one I would be really careful with the heat gun and bending.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Reactions: Sodak

·
Registered
698 Posts
Is it made out of polyeurethane? Can you bend it easily in your hands to match the curve? If so lay down the 3M tape n the trunk and apply the spoiler to the trunk starting from one side to the other peeling the tape back as you go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello, sorry I should have been more clear. Yes it is plyable. Its very flexible and can bend pretty easily. I bought it cause I wasnt about to drop a huge chunk of change on an OEM part. But yes its flexible, I just wasnt sure if the 3m tape would be enough to hold it in place while I bend it to fit the curve of the trunk.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Should be fine but if its cold it may not stick well. Heat up the part and the clean surface with a blowdryer. 3m tape will bond better with the surface when its nice and toasty! Like Montreal said start one one side and peal as you go.

Edit- Just saw you live in AZ and its pry warm but make sure you near a 65+ degree day.

·
Registered
698 Posts
hello, sorry I should have been more clear. Yes it is plyable. Its very flexible and can bend pretty easily. I bought it cause I wasnt about to drop a huge chunk of change on an OEM part. But yes its flexible, I just wasnt sure if the 3m tape would be enough to hold it in place while I bend it to fit the curve of the trunk.
Then you're good to go. Mines been on the trunk for 3 years and through one winter. Make sure you clean the trunk and spoiler surfaces with denatured alcohol before you apply the tape. It will never come off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts