Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone which exact tape to buy to help stick the spoiler on? ive never bought 3m tape before so not sure which one to use for the spoiler. i know they have foam type tape as well.

looking to order the spoiler today or so

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Anyone which exact tape to buy to help stick the spoiler on? ive never bought 3m tape before so not sure which one to use for the spoiler. i know they have foam type tape as well.

looking to order the spoiler today or so
Took this from a post by BeBeep in another thread about rear spoilers.

Here is a little "How To" that put together for another member you may find useful.

I used 3M Automotive Acrylic Plus Attachment Tape - 7/8in. x 20 Yard Roll, Model# 06383. The part number may vary depending on the size roll you buy. I used about 165". I did not use the fasteners that came with the spoiler because I did not want to drill holes and they are really not necessary. I put 3 strips length wise and a short strip at each end.

Be sure to clean the surfaces (under the spoiler too) completely and then wipe the bottom of the spoiler and the trunk lid down with alcohol before you put the spoiler on.

There is a trick to getting it lined up and pulling the red cover strip on the tape. There may be some videos on You Tube that can help you with that. Very hard to explain but easier to demonstrate. You basically just start pulling the red covering off the short strip at both ends of the spoiler. You then pull a short amount of the red covering from the 3 length wise strips. Just enough that will stick out the sides so you can grip it.

Then place one end of the spoiler onto the lid and be sure you have the red covering long enough on the 3 length wise strips to stick out over the edges. Be sure it is straight and sits where you want it. At this point you will start pulling the center length wise strip sideways from the top or bottom and just keep checking the spoiler to be sure it does not move while you pull the strip. DO NOT PRESS DOWN ON ANY PART OF THE SPOILER. You need to just let the tape sit on the surface with the weight of the spoiler.

Once the center strip red covering is completely removed, you can do the same thing to the top and bottom strips. Once they are removed and hopefully the spoiler exactly where you want it, you can press it down to the lid. I press about 5 different sections and basically put quite a bit of pushing pressure on the spoiler for 30 seconds in each area. That will seat the tape and that baby will not be going anywhere.

That thread is here. http://www.300cforums.com/forums/2n...sion/140665-srt-style-rear-spoiler-added.html

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
im gonna need a video of that procedure LMAO seriously

i have no idea what i read
Just type 3m automative on ebay and all tapes should be ok for the spoiler.

I bought the foam one and installed it last week. Middle part went perfect but left and right corners didn't go well. They stay a little high but not noticeable. There were rain in last 3 days nothing happened and when I try to remove with my hand it looks very strong. So I don't care about the left and right corner.

So any tape with automative tag will work in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts