Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed the Crankshaft sensor three times and this morning going on the forth. When I do change it, it works for a couple of months then will crap out. This morning the 3rd went out on me. At this point I thinking it is not the CS sensor, but something causing it to died.

I have the code giving is the Crankshaft sensor and nothing else.

The first time it happen was at WOT, passing a truck on a on ramp, the car bogged down and started misfiring so I let up off the pedal and the CEL came on and the engine died. Second time was again at WOT, just having some fun with the V8, and same problem as above. The third was just pulling out my driveway and the car bogged down and CEL came on and the engine stalled. This morning, no bogging just engine shut off, no CEL, and restarted on first turn of the key, coming back home while doing about 40MPH the engine died, but turned itself back on, came to a stop sign and the engine stalled, for about 2 mins, I restart the engine and I soon as I put it into drive it would stall, hell I drove it home with two feet.

I am thinking either, PCM (hope not), throttle body, or pedal position sensor?

SGB

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Not familiar with them sorry. But I did look in my Haynes repair manual to check it out. When you pull the old ones out how do they look? Are they cracked, or something pretty obvious? Exactly how fast are they going out? Most of the time they have a 1 year warranty or so, so if within that time at least its free....but I know its still a pita to replace it. Maybe they are just cheap faulty sensors and the vibrations are killing them, but I cant see that on 3 consecutive sensors.

Do you have access to a voltmeter? Plug it in and check the voltage while its running (will need some pins and stick into back of sensor) Also, obviously will probably need a new one for that....

OH and most importantly, what is the code its throwing?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I don't remember the numeric P codes, but the names I do, there was 3 of them, Steering Angle sensor, Cam Shaft Sensor Connector and Front Wheel ABS Sensor.

What I did notice after it does its hiccup thing it runs fine, no shutting off nor hesitating.

I leaning away from a sensor, because if it was the problem would still persist. I have found no fix for it yet, maybe a loose ground or the worst a new PCM. This time no CEL.

SGB.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
none of those would lead me to a crankshaft postion sensor. The steering angle sensor I believe is just a simple adjustment of turning wheel all the way to left and then to right....don't quote me on that but it can be searched on here.

the wheel abs sensor is self explanatory...try cleaning it first

the cam shaft connector is what I would look into. but I think you mean sensor not connector. Its really hard to tell you exactly without the code number

1 - 4 of 4 Posts