Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Way to go and Congratulants on your podium finish.. Man I like road racing the last track I was at was Elk Cart Lake in Wisconsin.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Congrats, Patrick! Nice start to the season, I must say. So how did it feel to get out there again?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

Michael - it was great to 'go rassin' again. We ran the short track - which mean lots of tight turns, more traffic and no long straights that favoured the big torque of the hemi.

So I had to really work through traffic. We had a good qualifying time, so that helped. Lots of aches and pains from being tossed around . . . but that was all forgotten when the results were announced.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Nice job! Congrats on a nice finish.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow that map behind you makes the track look like knotted string
Knotted string on acid . . . LOL! Over 3 miles of twists, turns, big elevation changes and optical illusions. I've done hundreds of laps there and am still learning better lines.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
congratulations!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Nice work Patrick, what class are you running in this year ? any new mods ? I hope you didn't embarrass too many "track cars " lol

Brian

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Nice work Patrick, what class are you running in this year ? any new mods ? I hope you didn't embarrass too many "track cars " lol

Brian
Thanks, Brian. We are still sorting out classes. We added a GT1 "Super fast" class, as some serious machinery and good drivers are now entering our series. So the old GT1 is in now mostly GT2 (my old class). I am now running GT3. The slower cars are now GT4.

I have some new mods going on soon. Adjustable end links for the sway bars; frame stiffeners, and new tension arms along with some rear cradle work. Hope to start that later this week.

It's a good group of racers. 'Noobies' usually need a season under their belt to learn this very technical track. Just a lot of fun for all of us. :)

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Good to hear the season has begun! And congrats on the 3rd place finish! :fing02:

I always enjoy seeing your pics and especially watching the videos.

Speaking of pics and video.......???.. ;)

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
^^sweet. How fast would you say they are averaging?

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Cool vid. I like the rearview too. Was throwing me off at as it was reversed.

Looks like a fun course! :fing02:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey Patrick thank Doug for sharing his video!! Do they run all classes together ? Just before Doug passed you he was passed by 2 fast cars. I noticed he very seldom had to shift most of the time he appeared to be in 3rd and 4th ??? It looks to me that there would be very little advantage to having paddle dual clutch etc. transmissions in a road race. The car mags. sure seem to make a big deal about how slow a manual is compared to the dual clutch paddle shifter are. What am I missing??

Thanks Brian

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll thank Doug, for sure. Yes - all classes are on the track at the same time. Makes for interesting times.

As to shifting - you're not missing anything - it's not a big deal. I run mostly 3d gear - down to 2nd on the tight corners. If I'm doing the long track, I do go into 4th - for less than 2 seconds.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts