Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And in 28 minutes I board the airport shuttle, fly to Houston, and meet FreebirdSRT! Oh yeah, and pick up my new SRT-8...

Can you tell I am STOKED?!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
No. :D That should be a nice drive back home. All that road with a mean ride. :naughty:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5:37 Am

And I sit in the airport waiting for my flight. Wireless internet rocks! ;)

Guess I will read one of the SRT-8 reviews online now...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
congrats and enjoy the ride man.
i'm guessing this purchase was do to free's post. That was awsome for him to do that. Pretty cool cat in my book !! Lot's of cool goodies in this car , mainly under the hood !! Have a good flight(as if you have a choice) and take care , Mike.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
ah...
I remember the same anticipation...
in an airport with hundreds of people and them not knowing how close I was to complete and utter joy only hours later...

good luck!

·
Registered
267 Posts
good luck, i waited 8 months for mine, it was worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Well Y2K5SRT has been on the road now for about 4 hours of an 8 hour drive.

I picked him up at Hobby Airport at 7:30 this morning. He was in Austin all week on business, so his flight was very short (40 minutes).

I pulled up and had my Y2K5SRT sign ready, but he saw me before I saw him. Not many Silver Magnum SRT's rolling through the airport that early in the morning,lol. :naughty:

We had a short ride to the dealership but for some reason the Houston Traffic God's must have felt Y2K5SRT's excitement. For that time in the morning, in Houston, traffic is backed up. Not today :01: .

We got to the dealership so early, only the phone receptionist was there. LOL. But who was there waiting, none other than Bo'sRT. He had the day off and even beat SRTII to the dealership. I tell you traffic was light.

Well fast forward to Jim pulling up front in Y2K5SRT's Brilliant Black 300CSRT. I mean every bell and whistle on this thing, loaded. Some paperwork inside, but not before the camera was pulled out and like a proud pappa, taking pictures of his new baby.

Well after all was official, on paper, we bid farewell to Y2K5SRT as he set sail bound for Kansas.

Well it was only 9:30am or so. I had a brand new set of the C-Tek brake pads (originally for FreebirdSRT) just burning a hole in my garage floor, for some time now. Since SRT II is going to be my daily driver and I am on the list for another set of C-Tek's. I wanted to go ahead and put these on SRTII tomorrow (Sat.). So then Bo suggested we knock it out together, right now. What a guy.

I tell you just like David Z. has said. The install is a piece of cake. Especially if there are 2 of you and you work well as a team. For some members that do not know. Bo and I have known each other for over a decade. We were in the same 94-96 Impala SS club in Houston. Were we first met, then lost touch for awhile but the SRT brought both of us RWD Sedan lovers from out of the woodwork. So we are back modding together like we used to do as a group, with our Impala's.

Since FreebirdSRT is in Dallas, with my torque wrench in the trunk,lol. We had to go shopping for a few tools first.

The install went so quickly for one, because SRT II only has 540 miles, so the calipers were very clean and so where the wheels. I washed the wagon last night. By the time we were all done. It was 11:00am.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Congrats Y2K5SRT on your new ride! I'm sure you had a great ride home, and you will be posting some great pics.

I am in the NTVCA and met you last year at the KC VCA. I've had my Brilliant Black 300C SRT-8 for over a year now and it is a great car to drive. I will probably be seeing you in Vegas in September, I assume?

Take care!

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
What an incredible day you guys had! That is way awesome to fly in to a strange town and have someone there waiting on you who shares the same passion as you do about these cars! Then Freebird sends him on his way and has a day of modding with his bud from long ago. I tell you it was enough to bring a tear to my eye…..that is what it’s all about!!
Congrats Y2 on your fantastic purchase. I know we all share in your excitement. I’m sure when you get back home you’ll share some of those pics you took. Have fun, and enjoy your new baby! :D

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
C'Mon... lets see the pics!!!

I'm probably as excited as Y2k. Since mid week i've been waiting around for friday to see some pics and your review!!

Can't wait man, i know you're enjoying her right now :684: :684: :684:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
12:44 Am

Three hours sleep last night and 800 miles today - I am one tired puppy! So the BIG review will have to wait (I am getting up in 5 hours to go wash the SRT and then head over to the SRT Nationals in Topeka with it). Pictures and short commentary? No problem! (sorry, big pics but I am too tired to resize them right now) :fing02:

Sure enough, arrived at Houston Hobby and there is Freebird's wicked Magnum, complete with chauffeur!

We arrive at the dealership and have a great time checking out the SRT-8 Jeep in the showroom (Inferno Red) and chatting it up. I shot a bazillion pics but here is one with me next to my new baby (excuse the goofy shirt):

And the total mileage on the car at time of delivery? Not much!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So on the road I go, but first our very first fill up together (me and the car - not the lady on the other side!)

Then on the road we go again! I go EXACTLY 192 miles (200 on the odometer) and...

Problems? Nothing major! Had a little shimmy in the wheel at 70-75 MPH and figured I had a wheel out of balance. Nope, BOTH out of balance! Half hour later (and at no charge) I am on the way and the wheel is as smooth as butter.

So off I go again! Oh yeah, and I absolutely WASTED this Vette! :naughty:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very sweet, Y2K -- I was hoping to make it over there with 1975's clone, but I got hung up this morning. By the time I got free, you were gone. Dmn, though, I've had fun this wek with mine. Burned through enough petrol in few enough miles to keep a Hollywood and a half full of Prius's busy, but what the heck.

The power. Oh, the power.

Very happy for you. And believe, me, I understand what you are feeling. (Though I do feel a bit guilty for sharing your pleasure when I haven't waited quite as long as you for absolution. Loved your early 05 posting. )

Thanks again to the 'Bird from all of us from the class of July 06.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I continue on and south of Oklahoma City I see trouble a brewin'...

Could I end up in it? Yep.

No matter, the skies cleared and I made my way up through Oklahoma and Kansas as the sun set to my left:

Stopped at the car wash to quickly spray off the bugs and 2 inches of brake dust (HOLY CRAP - YOU WEREN'T KIDDING!!) so that the wife and kiddies would be at least mildly impressed. They were (well, my sons anyway - both teenagers) and we did a midnight run to Sonic for some shakes in the Cruiser. Good times and one heck of a day!

I am a lucky, lucky guy to have gotten this car priced so well; to have made not one, but THREE new friends (including the dealer, who was great); and to have one the best cars I have ever owned (hard to think of one better that is such an all-around great car for every day driving). Let's go drive another 800 miles!!!

More reviews tomorrow night or so. Time for a little sleep. Thanks for everybody's interest!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Congrats, Y2K. I've been eagerly awaiting the opportunity to offer the "I've Gotta Brand New SRT8 21 Dancing Banana Salute" direct from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

BTW, Tony Soprano called, he wants his shirt back ... or else!

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
What a beautiful story and of course a most beautiful ride! Congratulations on the culmination of a fantastic day. It’s pretty wild to start out with you at 4:17 AM and end up with the final drive home. I’m sure your family was greatly impressed.
Enjoy the ride!!

HR......that is a most disturbing dancing banana! Makes me want to go have some drinks without my pants on for some reason. :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys! Now it's off to the SRT Nationals. Anybody need anything while I am there? Think I should have Ralph Gilles (300 designer) sign something on the car, like the hood? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Y2K. Great story. The ride home was truly an adventure for you. Sorry to hear the wheels were out of balance. But that you were soon back on the road. And no charge.

The Vette you waisted never had a chance,lol.

IF I had the time you know I would have loved making the drive with you and hanging out for the SRT Nationals. But somebody has to pay the bills,lol.

Have a great time and can't wait to see your Viper buddies faces when you pull up in an SRT-8 and not the SRT-10,lol.

Tell Ralph FreebirdSRT says hello and tell him I look forward to seeing him again at Spring Fling II, in March 07.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Y2K5SRT said:
And in 28 minutes I board the airport shuttle, fly to Houston, and meet FreebirdSRT! Oh yeah, and pick up my new SRT-8...

Can you tell I am STOKED?!
CHRIS - YOU DIDNT EVEN TELL ME YOU WERE COMING TO HOUSTON? I AM HURT...

CONGRATS ON YOUR SRT8 AND DONT GET TOO MANY TICKETS ON YOUR DRIVE BACK TO KC.

ENJOY.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts