Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all this is my first post.

I have already test driven the 300 and I know that this will be my next vehicle. I only have one question. What did you pay for your vehicle? I mean here in my area (Cali) they are being marked up about $4-$5 grand above the sticker. Is this the price you pay for having the first one in the block?

I plan to purchase the 300C within the next couple of months. I look forward to reading and further discussing this vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
That is a shame! Some idiot will pay it.

I went to www.autotrader.com and used a Monterey, CA zip of '93943' and only 24 cars showed up in a 300 mile radius. They all appear to be listed at MSRP, so that Markup is bogus. 24 cars is a low number for a 300 mile radius. A 300 mile radius to Washington DC gets me 333 cars this date.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know our local Santa Cruz dealer isn't marking them up. I spoke with a few of their team at the Chrysler event last week, and asked them about mark-up possibilities. FWIW, They told me that based on local market issues, Chrysler had selected some regional dealers that would be allowed to sell at sticker, and others that were going to be required to mark-up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I paid 1000.00 below MSRP here on the east coast. I ordered and locked in on March 8th before the rush so take that for what it is worth. When I ordered my car the Sirius was listed as 325.00 but my sticker from the factory had it listed at 195.00 and I guess I will get a year free once I hook it up.

I LOVE the car.

I did expect the radio to be louder (as in, at 30 level that you can not talk to a passenger) but that was not the case. May have to get that taken car of. It does have GREAT bass for a factory car.

·
Registered
159 Posts
thinkcooper said:
others that were going to be required to mark-up.
Eeeekkkkk! That's scary :eek:

Allowed is one thing....(supply and demand I understand) but.... Required is bad. I wonder how that works.... D-C has always stated that "DaimlerChrysler dealerships are independently owned and operated, and therefore they are responsible for setting prices."

Soooo... Required makes you think.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I paid MSRP flat in Seattle, WA on 4/18. It broke my heart, because I usually draw the line at 250-500 over invoice, but I hear I got really lucky. Now, after the launch and advertising, no one around here even has Cs, and those that do are asking $5K - $10K over.

That'll go away as production ramps up, but, for now, I'm stopping an awful lot of traffic. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's hard to say. Either I paid, MSRP for the car a got a real good deal on my trade, or I got an average deal on my trade and paid a little over invoice. Either way I'm happy. Just waiting to see when it will come in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got mine for sticker in Santa Cruz, CA. I know most places are marking them up, but only because they can. There is no way Chrysler is requiring anyone to make extra money, that is ridiculous.

·
Registered
14 Posts
300C Madd Dogg said:
I got mine for sticker in Santa Cruz, CA. I know most places are marking them up, but only because they can. There is no way Chrysler is requiring anyone to make extra money, that is ridiculous.
You may be right, just sharing what I heard at the dealership.

According to Link, dealers don't want to be hobbled by a mark-up, it makes them less competitve in a still recovering economic climate. The dealers being required to mark-up are at a disadvantage. Price is still driving, even though the 300s are hot.

Accurate? Who knows. I'm not a dealer, don't know their business intricacies.

Cheers!

·
Registered
53 Posts
1% Below Invoice....and more

I know the cat is really out the bag since premier night and I have been hearing more and more about the markups now. This how my deal worked out:
MSRP (Dp Lava Red,SG2,PG2,Wood) $34960
My companies Family and Friends plan w/DC
(1% below invoice) $32632
Previous owner loyalty(wifes 1996 Sebring) -$ 1,000

Total price before taxes: $31,632
My dealer did not like doing this but had no choice he just asked that I not take from their incoming C's and to place a new order. This I was going to do anyway to match the options I wanted without scouring the countryside. Plenty of big companies have Friends and Family plans with automakers. It's worth checking with your HR dept. Hope this helps some, others I know it will sting alittle.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
E55 KEV said:
That is a shame! Some idiot will pay it.

I went to www.autotrader.com and used a Monterey, CA zip of '93943' and only 24 cars showed up in a 300 mile radius. They all appear to be listed at MSRP, so that Markup is bogus. 24 cars is a low number for a 300 mile radius. A 300 mile radius to Washington DC gets me 333 cars this date.

Trust me, the two Chrysler dealers that I’ve been to, in person, are marking up their 300's. I’ve been checking in with both dealers to check out their inventories, I have yet to see the color in person. Every time a vehicle is sold they put the sold sign on the vehicle and the price it sold at. Funny thing is that the cars are selling as fast as they come in.

I contacted a third dealer, but I haven’t actually followed up with them as of yet, its probably about a 40 min drive. Since both of the dealers are within a 25 min radius it just seems easier to go there.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
jaxson said:
Plenty of big companies have Friends and Family plans with automakers. It's worth checking with your HR dept. Hope this helps some,...
jaxson, is there anyway to 'fake' having the Friends and Family Control Number (CN). Can you give us an example of the CN? Like, is it six digits and the first being alpha, etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No way to fake control# you have to sign into your company
website and then one is issued that is unique for you and not
just generic for the whole company. They also check this number
at the dealer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You usually have to show employee ID, also. Wife with AT&T, had to do this on a Ford Truck we purchased 2 years ago. Unfortunatley, no discount with Chrysler.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I got away from the Dealer with my Invoice sheet. My neighbor use to sell Chrysler and told me the codes and I figured out the percentages:

EP = Employee Price - 4.65% below Invoice
FFP = Friends & Family Program - 1% below Invoice
HB = Dealer HoldBack - 2.95% of MSRP

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm new here(as you can tell by my big one post :D )
Anyway, after driving Chevy's for the last 20 years, this is my first Chrysler
product. And what a product!!!!
I just bought it yesterday, and got the EP price and a heckofa deal on my trade-in.
The car stickered 36,470 and I bought it for roughly 32,700(EP). The only options missing are nav, cold weather grp and the HID headlights.
The deals are out there(I'm not a Chrysler employee). You just need to find that one GREAT 5* dealership. I lucked out and found it on the first try.
Maybe from me telling them I've been a GM nut my whole driving life, I dunno. :confused: But I've never had such great cust service than with this particular Chrysler dealer before in my LIFE. Extremely nice people.
BTW - Mine is Bright Silver with med slate interior with dark slate upper trim.
This thing is sweet!!!
Three hours to go til time to leave work. Come on!!!
I wish good luck to all those that are looking to get good deals. They are out there, you just might need to do a little work/drive a short distance to find one.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
steve, they gave you the Employee Price (EP) without a control number? Email me the Dealership and Salesmans name. I will buy from him and give you a bonus for referring customers.

If you financed thru Chrysler they just accounced on 4 May their is another $1k Bonus Case for 300. This is not the same as Chrysler Loyalty Cash. This program runs 5/4 - 6/1.

·
Registered
149 Posts
E55 KEV said:
steve, they gave you the Employee Price (EP) without a control number? Email me the Dealership and Salesmans name. I will buy from him and give you a bonus for referring customers.

If you financed thru Chrysler they just accounced on 4 May their is another $1k Bonus Case for 300. This is not the same as Chrysler Loyalty Cash. This program runs 5/4 - 6/1.

E55 KEV - Check your pm's. :cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
May 300C Discount?

Hi Guys,
I had my dealer fax over my invoice today (car in 'D' status). While on the phone with him he stated that in a meeting he was in they talk about there being a May discount of $1000. He did not sound 100% sure so I'll leave it up to you guys to verify with your dealers. I didn't press the issue being that I probably won't take possession of my vehicle until June.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts