Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it is all going ahead now, no turning back. I dropped my car off at the Horse Power Factory this morning to have the engine removed and sent to RDP Motorsport. I am now without my car........and I am loving it:)

All parts were ordered last week and I hope to be bringing them over the coming week.

My motor will be built by RDP Motorsport as follows (just a quick list) -
  • forged steel 426 crank and built strong to suit 20psi of boost.
  • Forged steel rods
  • JE Blower pistons @ 9.3
  • Internals will also be coated to suit my application
  • Heads will be built through RDP running bigger valves, extreme duty springs (to suit massive boost), ported including match porting the blower manifold etc etc etc.
  • Trans development/trans brake and 3500 stall
I will get a list from Steve shortly highlighting exactly what is going into this, but I can tell you this, we are chasing BIG numbers. No messing around now, and I cannot wait.

Whilst Steve/RDP is working on the power plant, HP/F will be busy installing:
  • my new stage 5 1000hp half shafts - Thanks RDP
  • Trans cooler to suit 3500 stall convertor
  • Reinstall nitrous setup (just a couple of lines needed including jets)
  • Wideband A/F gauge - A pillar mount
  • Boost gauge - A pillar mount
  • Front mount heat exchanger/intercooler Water to air (in conjunction with RDP blower setup) as well as Ice cooler/dry ice box mounted in the boot/trunk.
We are looking at around 4-6 weeks, all things going to plan, before this is back up and running and let me tell you, there is a very excited person sitting here typing this......WOOOOOO HOOOOOO:arms:

Will keep you all update.

Let it begin.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
I can't wait mate!:biggrin: Seeing I won't have my own anymore, I will be living my 300 dreams through you!!

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL.....not a problem mate. As I mentioned there is a seat for you as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Man you are going to have a rocket when its finished.

Can't wait to see the results of the first outing to the drags, I am guessing it will be in the single figures and if a 5.7 made 553 H/P your car must be heading for the 700 odd power range.

Donald

·
Registered
302 Posts
Daniel,

Good luck with it all mate. I'm not sure if you or Steve are the mad scientist in this case...maybe you're both as nuts as each other! :slap:

I know you will blow everyone away with what you are doing...maybe in a month or two we can meet up and have some fun with my twins and your 426 blower...

I'll see you soon.

Paulo

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hey Daniel
only one thing missing from that list...My delivery address when its all finished:)
Hope all progresses with speed for you mate .and thats not only for you but for all of us here on the Forum we will never hear the end of it :pat:
Cant wait for the end result..Cheers Frank

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man you are going to have a rocket when its finished.

Can't wait to see the results of the first outing to the drags, I am guessing it will be in the single figures and if a 5.7 made 553 H/P your car must be heading for the 700 odd power range.

Donald
Most definitely. Final numbers may shock a few people if what we have planned comes goods, both at the track on on the dyno. Can't wait.

Daniel,

Good luck with it all mate. I'm not sure if you or Steve are the mad scientist in this case...maybe you're both as nuts as each other! :slap:

I know you will blow everyone away with what you are doing...maybe in a month or two we can meet up and have some fun with my twins and your 426 blower...

I'll see you soon.

Paulo
LOL.....ask him about the conversation we had wne he first came on board here. Everything we spoke about (hypothetically back then) has come good. Bad influence on each other I think. You wanna see what he is doing to his....:scared:

Hey Daniel
only one thing missing from that list...My delivery address when its all finished:)
Hope all progresses with speed for you mate .and thats not only for you but for all of us here on the Forum we will never hear the end of it :pat:
Cant wait for the end result..Cheers Frank
Hey Frank.

No probs mate. Just send me your details:biggrin:

As for getting it finished, I cannot wait.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hi Jected
There's no stopping you is there?
Why don't you strap on a jumbo engine and be done with it? :pat::smashfrea

All the best mate. This should be one quick ride :fing02:

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Jected
There's no stopping you is there?
Why don't you strap on a jumbo engine and be done with it? :pat::smashfrea

All the best mate. This should be one quick ride :fing02:

LOL....That's next years project....:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Jected, you are one HP greedy F^%^er. Good luck to you, I hope you show those fully sik commonhore blokes a thing or 2 at the strip. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Jected, you are one HP greedy F^%^er. Good luck to you, I hope you show those fully sik commonhore blokes a thing or 2 at the strip. :)
I am thinking that both Ford and Holden will be seeing a lot of dust and all off it in the distance.

Is it still going to be a daily driver?

Donald

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Daniel, the only word I can come up with is "insane" (in a good kinda way).

How drivable will that rocket be on the road?

It is great to see a couple of Aussie pioneers doing this.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Now that's what I'm talking about.

Daniel, you must stop posting such threads. It is causing me severe relationship problems. Everytime I read anything involved with RPD, I sit my wife down and say this is what I am going to do.....I don't get a response to my liking!

:twak: :smashfrea :argue: :buttkick: :nono: :chairshot :slap: :swordfigh :hitwithro

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A 20psi supercharger on a street car?

$%&#!!!
:) Thats what I reckon...LOL

Most definitely. Cannot wait to get it to the strip. Myself and Steve have spoken about a first run in Sydney with both our cars and hopefully Paulo's TT 300. Should be awesome

I am thinking that both Ford and Holden will be seeing a lot of dust and all off it in the distance.

Is it still going to be a daily driver?

Donald
:) That would be great.

Car has never really been a daily driver (only 12000kms on the clock) but I reckon once it is back on the road, it will ssee a few more k's.

Daniel, the only word I can come up with is "insane" (in a good kinda way).

How drivable will that rocket be on the road?

It is great to see a couple of Aussie pioneers doing this.
Thanks John. And you are spot on, it is going to be insane. I love it :fing02:

The great thing with this setup and the tuning available for these cars is that going from 20psi (1/4 mile setup/dyno runs) to 8psi (street driving) can be changed by changing out the pulley (under 2 minutes) and swapping out the tune (one for 8psi street and one for 20psi race) in around 5 minutes.

Drivabilty on the street - even as it was with just the blower, I had to change my driving style. The car was just so responsive and required very very very little effort to get it moving. Steve summed it up by saying that the weight of a sock on the pedal would get the back tyres lighting up, and he was right.

Steve will also be experimenting with the bypass valve were it will be changed over to an electronic one which will help enable him to adjust the rate the boost comes on. Another first for these cars (Steve I hope I was allowed to let that out of the bag).

Also wait to see what project 5 has instore. You think I am insane now, number 5 will put me in the looney bin:scared:

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Daniel, you must stop posting such threads. It is causing me severe relationship problems. Everytime I read anything involved with RPD, I sit my wife down and say this is what I am going to do.....I don't get a response to my liking!

:twak: :smashfrea :argue: :buttkick: :nono: :chairshot :slap: :swordfigh :hitwithro
I just want to apologise now for any harm I do to anyones relationships. If RDP weren't so good at what they do, I think we would all be safe. Can we blame Steve an RDP instead. I feel terrible :)

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Sounds like an absolute beast. Can't wait to see the finished product. Are you a little worried about that much boost and hp with a motor so bored out?

Good show mate!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Holy hell Daniel.....you and Steve as as bad as each other.....in a good way :)

It is like you are both trying to out do each others hair brained schemes and it is leading us into new areas of performance for these cars. It is always great to see someone getting an idea and then managing to follow it through! :)

I really can't wait to see how this turns out!

1 - 20 of 208 Posts