Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I dont know if i have a phantom C or if it is just the combination of mods/ driving style...

I know most of you knock the K&N intake, but if i may disagree (in my experience) testing different combinations of intakes and exaust combinations with and without TB spacers, on my ride (not sayin it is for everyone) but the combination that seems to work the best for me:

K&N CAI
MAGNAFLOW CAT BACK
Poweraid TB spacer

Call me crazy but if i do the math, im at 35 city and 42 hwy, and not driving like my grandfather either.

I dont know...

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
^ im with this guy, you must be nuts.

I see 22mpg during a good week in my 3.5L.

Your math is either waaaay off or your coasting down hill to work and then getting towed back up.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
2 more things....

the poweraid spacer is a paper weight and nothing else

your conversion from liters to gallons may be off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 more things....

the poweraid spacer is a paper weight and nothing else

your conversion from liters to gallons may be off.

628 km last tank from 1 tick below a 1/4 tank, ill measure the new distance as i filled up today.

may be a paperweight but it sounds good to me... ha ha

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Hey all, I dont know if i have a phantom C or if it is just the combination of mods/ driving style...

I know most of you knock the K&N intake, but if i may disagree (in my experience) testing different combinations of intakes and exaust combinations with and without TB spacers, on my ride (not sayin it is for everyone) but the combination that seems to work the best for me:

K&N CAI
MAGNAFLOW CAT BACK
Poweraid TB spacer

Call me crazy but if i do the math, im at 35 city and 42 hwy, and not driving like my grandfather either.

I dont know...

Cheers
i think i know what your doing. when your taking your L/100km and converting it to mpg your missing a step. heres my example:

highway: 8.4L/100km = 11.9047 km/L
---> (11.9047 km/L)(3.8L/us gallon) = 45.24
---> This is the step i believe you missed 45.24/1.6 = 28.27 mpg
remember that 45.24 is in KM and 1 mile is 1.6 km

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i know what your doing. when your taking your L/100km and converting it to mpg your missing a step. heres my example:

highway: 8.4L/100km = 11.9047 km/L
---> (11.9047 km/L)(3.8L/us gallon) = 45.24
---> This is the step i believe you missed 45.24/1.6 = 28.27 mpg
remember that 45.24 is in KM and 1 mile is 1.6 km
perhaps you are correct sir... my mistake, for a minute there i thought my car was magic, either way 600km+ to a tank is good enough for me ha ha

cheers

·
Registered
375 Posts
Kids, don't do drugs.

·
Registered
544 Posts
To get maximum gas mileage forget about K&N. (they really do have some neat accessories no pun here). Put 35 psi in your tires cold, run regular no alcohol gas, and put it in cruise below the legal speed limit. I consistently get 28 mpg on trips and up to 32.4 at 55 mph on level ground. This is not instantaneous mileage but average over 10 to 20 miles minimum.......Good only for the 5.7L with MDS......

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
To get maximum gas mileage forget about K&N. (they really do have some neat accessories no pun here). Put 35 psi in your tires cold, run regular no alcohol gas, and put it in cruise below the legal speed limit. I consistently get 28 mpg on trips and up to 32.4 at 55 mph on level ground. This is not instantaneous mileage but average over 10 to 20 miles minimum.......Good only for the 5.7L with MDS......
I have a 5.7 hemi and get 28+ mpg as you can see from my calculation and drive mostly at 65 mph with 89 oct gas (as required by chrysler)

·
Registered
544 Posts
It sure is great!...starting in 2006 Chrysler says you can use 87 octane with somewhat reduced performance in the 5.7L....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Over the weekend we took a 500 mile trip in ours. 91 Octane, 4-lane highways, 70-72 mph. Our "average mpg" went from 17 to 24.5 (and that was over 3800 miles since we reset it). I figured the exact mileage over a 118 mile stretch - and it was getting 33.7. No wind, tires at 36psi. Only mods are a K&N drop-in and SC.....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yep! I have a 40 mile each way commute every day, and I've been keeping it to 50/55mph as much as possible, and getting a solid 28mpg+ fairly consistently. Until some kid needs to learn a lesson, then it plummets, but still getting 400 miles out of a tank is pretty nice. My only mod thus far is a K&N drop-in filter, I'm sure my mileage will drop once I pull my resonators and get a Predator. We'll see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
edmonton hemi, i filled up at medicine hat with 87oct. , had the cruise on 98kph, made a food stop in gasoline alley, and made it to drayton valley on red but no light for 678kms. avergaing 29.2 mpg acording to the trip computer. I have a 2005 300c with the air resonator out of the car, 500lbs of passengers no a/c on, 32 psi front and rear and no other mods. so 600kms on 3/4's might be possible.

from drayton to leduc which is roughly 90kms i average 31mpg there with the same specs and 28mpg on the way back. 20 litres of fuel gets me to a 1/8 below half from redline on the guage. this last trip on tuesday i made it with a 1/16 above red on a two way trip.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
edmonton hemi, i filled up at medicine hat with 87oct. , had the cruise on 98kph, made a food stop in gasoline alley, and made it to drayton valley on red but no light for 678kms. avergaing 29.2 mpg acording to the trip computer. I have a 2005 300c with the air resonator out of the car, 500lbs of passengers no a/c on, 32 psi front and rear and no other mods. so 600kms on 3/4's might be possible.

from drayton to leduc which is roughly 90kms i average 31mpg there with the same specs and 28mpg on the way back. 20 litres of fuel gets me to a 1/8 below half from redline on the guage. this last trip on tuesday i made it with a 1/16 above red on a two way trip.
So you are saying a jump from 29.2MPG to 44MPG is possible? Are you seriously trying to convince yourself of that?

Comon man, stop living in lala land and come back to the real world.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts