Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with Interia heads (big valve option), Inertia srt max hell cam, Inertia ported and internal coated intake manifold, Inertia custom cmr tune, Kooks header (PM-FL coated), Airhammer CAI and Corsa cat-back exhaust.

The tuning experience was top notch. I called up Stu and he had his tuning guy send me a tune specific for my setup. Part throttle is great and wide open throttle shifts are firm. So since I was going to the track in 2 days I asked Inertia tuning guy if he could work with me on the dyno the following day to fine tune it and see how much hp we can squeeze out. He said sure. So off to the dyno with Dan (flybyu) for moral support
. The 1st pull on the Inertia tune yielded 427hp 396tq. After 3 pulls and emailing him logs with dyno results and he emailing me back a tune the end result was 441hp 414tq. The Inertia tuner wanted a few more pulls because he believed we could squeeze another 20hp out of her. Unfortunately, the dyno shop was closing so I have a 5:30pm appointment on this saturday for part 2 of my tuning.

Before the last pull a guy from American Muscle TV showed up and ask if he could video the last run. Here it goes...
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...COM_159024.htm

Stay tuned for part 2...pun intended!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice numbers! I bet he can definately pull some more out of it. Off topic a bit but how do you like those wide ultrac sessanta up front? I really would like a set but didn't want to put that wide up front as I assumed it would wander on rutted roads. I've heard good things but it was on mostly JC SRT's. Thanks

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nice numbers! I bet he can definately pull some more out of it. Off topic a bit but how do you like those wide ultrac sessanta up front? I really would like a set but didn't want to put that wide up front as I assumed it would wander on rutted roads. I've heard good things but it was on mostly JC SRT's. Thanks
To sum it up in a nut shell, they are the best tires I've had on any of my srt8's. Oh and I've had rsa's, f1's and toyo proxy 4's

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice numbers...

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice numbers although after a H/C/I upgrade I would expect closer to 500rwhp.
500rwhp from a head and cam package...on what planet???? Thats more than any 392 stoker in existance and most 426 strokers are around that number. I've made a 65+whp gain from heads and cam with more still on the table through tuning. That is a substaintual gain for just those mods! Please tell me what head and cam package on any high performance motor can yield 120+hp gain....:pat:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
how reliable do you think your new setup will be?

i am at a standstill on mine because i dont want to sacrifice reliability for a little performance.

i am truly interested, not trying to poke at you.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how reliable do you think your new setup will be?

i am at a standstill on mine because i dont want to sacrifice reliability for a little performance.

i am truly interested, not trying to poke at you.
If you have quality parts and a good installer you will have nothing to worry about. The internal parts on my heads are waaay better than stock. I know guys with 40K on heads and cam with no issues. The only thing you really need to figure out is what kind of cam you want. The cam is the main ingredient on how the hp and tq is delivered.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would also like to know what heads and cam package makes 500 RWHP! I'll pull my stuff off and go buy it today. And I second what Will said the cam is where the streetability lies. I have a big one and I love it but to me theres nothing more pleasing than sitting at the light with that big cam lope gently rocking you! he he You better not have a full drink cuz it will splash it right out of the cup. Also I'm building it for the drag strip so if thats not your cup of tea then heads and a milder cam will work great.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If you have quality parts and a good installer you will have nothing to worry about. The internal parts on my heads are waaay better than stock. I know guys with 40K on heads and cam with no issues. The only thing you really need to figure out is what kind of cam you want. The cam is the main ingredient on how the hp and tq is delivered.

got it.

what cam do you have?

is inertia srt max the only one they make or are there different ones that inertia makes?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
got it.

what cam do you have?

is inertia srt max the only one they make or are there different ones that inertia makes?
They have 3 on their web page, 4th being a custom grind
I have the srt max hell cam. It's has huge lift on the exhaust side (.578).

If you want straight, no bs answers on heads and cam call Stu directly. His phone number is (512) 964-7724. Tell him Will sent ya. Not only does his products perform but his customer service is 2nd to none. There has been 2 or 3 times that I call him and he didn't pick up his phone. I had to call him alteast 60 times by now.

What I did before I made my choice on heads and cam was jot down a list of questions then called him. He answered all my questions with very detailed answers. After speaking to him 3 times on the phone it was question in my mind that I was going with him and I'm very happy with my decision.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
im anxious to hear about part 2 of your tuning..........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts