Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Im new here to the forums but wanted to start out here in the performance forums.

After about a week of some extensive searching and reading I do have a few questions that i was hoping I could get answered that i could not find clearly stated.

First off I have owned my 300c for roughly 2 months now and am ready to start building. Im no greenhorn to modifying cars but to be honost this is my first american car and engine over 6 cylinders.

I have been reading up on different exhaust setups as well as cutouts and would like a very direct opinion on which you prefer.

I am familiar with how backpressure works but have never used cutouts on any of my previous vehicles. I really want that nice rumble at idle and a good roar at launch, but with previous applications on past cars eventually i get very tired of trying to drown out a roar with my stereo. I believe im leaning towards cutouts due to the fact of beifng able to open and close them.

I do plan on purchasing the CAI and one of the two options on the exhaust (cutouts or full system) and in the future plan on moving to a SC setup.

Nothing has been purchased as of yet and would like some direction.

Thank you to everyone in advance, and look forward to your comments.

Jack

·
Registered
390 Posts
Corsa exhausts are generally considered the best for these cars, because they give you quiet idle, a nice roar at WOT, and no drone. Cutouts give you a real roar, but aren't legal in a lot of states. Cutouts are more for sound than the performance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts