Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have been contemplating converting to Wilwoods on all four corners.

Breakdown:
Fit the Aero6 front caliper kit for $1359 (uses SRT8 front rotors, not included).

Fit the rear NMDP caliper kit to it for $649 (uses stock rear RT rotors).

It's alot to spend, but I've always wanted to try this upgrade. I will most likely be collecting parts for the next month or so and will post updates here.

Anyone convert on the AWD or RWD platform?

I have read that the big brake upgrade is a night and day difference in stopping...worth the bucks? I know it's a matter of opinion but any thoughts?

Thanks all. :fing02:

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Not Wilwood but my old Brembo GT kit would throw you throw the front window! Also was smooth as butter and had absolutely no brake fade at all no matter how hard I pushed it...

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rob I suspect the GTs are similar in performance to the WWs. Bang for buck is it worth it for the dollars I guess. What else could I for for $1900? ......

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
No matter what you mod the brakes should always be first for guys who truly drive the car...

Reactions: therealfleen

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
I have the Brembo GT's all round on mine for a number of years now and the difference is phenomenal and I have full braided hoses,not sure of WW though

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Step one done. Four Stoptechs.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1414333759.120249.jpg

Reactions: silver06hemic

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Subscribed!!!! I have had a brake upgrade on my mind as well. These stock 5.7 brake truly suck, I know some good pads/rotors/SS lines will help, but I would rather spend my money on those^^^

Flean, where are you picking up the calipers/rotors? I have done some searching but not alot...

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey Bull I have been emailing Todd at TCE. He's the man. I'm close to ordering the calipers. I'm going for it!
The kit comes with calipers pads and ss lines. I'm looking at $1908 for fronts and backs. Rotors extra. I got those through Summit. It's a lot but I've been itching to try this
for two years....been saving the pennies....

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Even prettier in person...
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1414541892.743870.jpg

·
Registered
311 Posts
there was a thread over on the LX forum on a brake upgrade popular on Chargers where they used an adapter to space the dual piston caliper further away to allow the use of 14" rotors. The guy claims a 60-0 stopping distance of under 110 ft which is tremendous braking performance. Would not equal a Brembo setup for repeated stopping but also a lot less money. On the 300 is you have a v8 I think the dual piston calipers are standard I know my v6 300s has the single pistons so I was looking into upgrading the caliper and the discs. They will clear an 18" wheel setup. There is a video on ytube if I can find it I will post it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPKGpgJ0fnM

Dont think the kit is made any more but if you are handy doesnt look too hard to make up or have a machinist make.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Those rotors with the stock 5.7 brakes are pretty damn good all on their own... Assuming you got them to fit the stock brake calipers.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^the rears yes. But the front are srt rotors for the Wilwood front calipers....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey i want to revive this topic. I'm looking for 2014 AWD brake upgrade. Did any one of here made own upgrade on AWD?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hey i want to revive this topic. I'm looking for 2014 AWD brake upgrade. Did any one of here made own upgrade on AWD?
Nobody bothers with ridiculously expensive brake mods like this anymore.

The BR9 Pursuit upgrade is cheaper and gives you more swept area than Brembos.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nobody bothers with ridiculously expensive brake mods like this anymore.

The BR9 Pursuit upgrade is cheaper and gives you more swept area than Brembos.
Thanks for respond on old topic.
So on the front in AWD 2014 5.7 are the same only rear I can swap I'm I correct?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I heard than on the front in AWD brakes are the same as in charger police. So I can only change rear to make any difference.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Not every police Charger is equipped with the BR9 Pursuit brake package.

Civilian AWD cars do not come from the factory with them.

You can upgrade the front, the rear, or both. The front will make the biggest difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts