Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently switched a motor from a 2005 300c awd to a 2005 300c two wheel drive that had a blown motor. I switched all necessary parts and went to fire up new motor last night and it wont turn over. I was wondering if there is something that I am missing or something i need to do to make the car accept the new motor. Possibly a PCM reset or something. Any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Is it not turning over at all? If not I'd look for a bad ground somewhere... if it's turning over and not firing off then it could be a slew of things... make sure the original ECU is in the car for the car or else it will immobilize without a VIN flash.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it figured out. Bad starter. Seemed almost too simple. Thanks guys. Next question though. Radio turns on but only am. No other buttons work except for presets. Not able to tune the stations or switch to anything else and nav screen is black. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The fuse is good. It looks like there is power going to the radio because the lights around the knobs are on and it will turn on and play am static but nothing else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts