Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my extended warranty expires first quarter 09 so i'm probably gonna do some major engine mods to make my car faster. please take some time to read this and let me know if it makes sense since i'm not really into engine mods and i've never done anything like this before.

here we go.. i already got the AFE stage 2 CAI and the magnaflow catbacks, i don't really wanna go the forced induction route so i'm looking at ported heads & cam from HHP or PPP right now and maybe some headers (kooks).
i guess ima have to get the predator + custom tune too to get the maximum performance gain, correct?

what about high-flow cats? would you suggest getting them too? a 180 t-stat too?

i know there's a bunch of guys out there who have a similiar set up, so maybe some of you guys can chime in and post some feedback.
how much would it cost me (i could only find the price for the cam on the hhp website, it was like $500 but i'm sure the heads will cost some more).
what about the performance gain? i've read it can be like a 100+ hp on the crank, how does it compare to any stock SRT?

that's it for now, i'm looking forward to any of your replies, i need yall to give me a helping hand on this one.

thanks & greetings from germany,
Rob

:scared:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
50 views & no advice? cmon i need yall.....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Have you checked out the Franks Racing website? Kooks also offers hi-flow cats that mount up to their headers. I wouldn't go any cooler than 180s. I will be going down a very similar path as yours. I just have the air intake from Mopar right now. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you'd be happy with either one. Both have put together some fine products.

What do you want out of your car? Do you race?
i do some street racing every now and then so i want to make my car faster but at the same time i wanna keep it as a daily driver so i want the motor to LAST. i can probably spend like 2 or 3 grand

any advice?

@billiamsrt: no i havent seen their website, you got a link? how much of an improvement do you have with hi-flow cats?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ok thanks......

anyone else?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
if u get koooks then u wont need Magna flow cats but the pipes that comes with the headers :)

Get the diablo NOOOOOOOW....!! what are u waiting for , there are specials running

alot of the guys are running Forced induction , i really recommend it over going with heads etc , u will get more gains with F/I , after waiting this long u do need S/C :)

Go for it dude

1 - 8 of 8 Posts