· Registered
1,562 Posts
i was trying to hit 4.44 here is what happened

· Registered
1,562 Posts
i tried again and here is the result

· Registered
84 Posts
Wow, you got in the 4.5's.... Is this in a C or an SRT8? If so in a C, what have you done to hop it up?

I am glad to say that I finally found the "Easter Egg" trick on the steering wheel. Thanks to the link above. This is fantastic. I'm going after work today to test out my SRT Design and see If I can get the 5.12's like above.

· Registered
99 Posts
Wow, you got in the 4.5's.... Is this in a C or an SRT8? If so in a C, what have you done to hop it up?

I am glad to say that I finally found the "Easter Egg" trick on the steering wheel. Thanks to the link above. This is fantastic. I'm going after work today to test out my SRT Design and see If I can get the 5.12's like above.
Pimp changed out his heads and cam, plus headers and cutouts. Not even close to stock. The heads and cam have obviously done him well.

Hey Pimp, does your MDS still work? What stage heads and cam did you use?

Short tube headers or long? I'm gonna guess short.

And the big question; Were you running sub 5.0 sec 0-60MPH prior to the heads and cam? I'm gonna guess no.

· Registered
84 Posts
My best is 5.12 secs with a stock SRT Design Group (5.7L), based on the EVIC timer. I don't have any idea how well the method you're describing works. Another way to measure would be to use a video camera against your digital speedometer. You can then measure the time displayed on the video against the speedometer movement.

Out of curiosity, what was your launch technique?
Man, "INEEDMOREPOWER" - - - -How did you get a 5.12 secs. I took mine out this morning and wanted to be looking at 5.12 also. I have an 08' SRTD, and launched it in autostick w/o ESP, and couldn't get it to hook. I was just burning the tires w/ a full throttle push, and the best I could get when I decided to have a soft launch, and once momentum was transfered, I full throttled it. This was when I pulled a 5.7, but I know there was a bunch of time lost w/ the launch. I never laid in to it, and let them spin, and stayed in it, I just decided to try the non-slip launch. Can you give some guidance on your 5.12 run. (Mine is stock also, except air intake silencer, and oil catch can. And I was in Autostick mode and let it shift on it's own)

· Registered
1,562 Posts
Pimp changed out his heads and cam, plus headers and cutouts. Not even close to stock. The heads and cam have obviously done him well.

Hey Pimp, does your MDS still work? What stage heads and cam did you use?

Short tube headers or long? I'm gonna guess short.

And the big question; Were you running sub 5.0 sec 0-60MPH prior to the heads and cam? I'm gonna guess no.
no on the mds.
heads are FRI milled street racing heads
cam is FRI littleboy (can't have mds)
Kooks long tube headers
i ran a 5.0 before.

· Registered
84 Posts
I'm quite sure it can be done, but I know from past experience in drag racing w/ my 69 Mach1, that launch was so crucial, and a full sec. can be lost quicker than imagined. I'm wondering if you hold the brake, and get the R's up, and then 1/2 throttle to move momentum, and then full throttle...

· Registered
1,562 Posts
actually i held the brake to get the r's up, then i hit it. i had some wheel spin. maybe i'll try the 1/2 throttle then full throttle trick and see if i can improve.

· Registered
431 Posts
Man, "INEEDMOREPOWER" - - - -How did you get a 5.12 secs.
Well, I wish I could remember! When I went to the race track for the first time recently, my 0-60mph times were in the 6.7 sec range! :pat: When I got the 5.12 seconds, I was running with ESP off, autostick on, in cold temperatures (about 37 degrees F outside). I didn't slam on the gas. What I don't remember is if I applied the gas at all before releasing the brake. For most of my runs I just applied the gas as quickly and smoothly as I could after releasing the brake. I've heard getting it up to 1000 RPM or so before releasing the brake works well, and I may have tried that. Most of my other runs were in the 5.4 second range. If I can get it repeatable, I'll let you know.

· Registered
84 Posts
I can tell by the power, and the willingness to break the tires loose, and keep them that way, that the 5.7 (even with all of it's willingness to be economical for a big block) has what it takes to make 5 second runs w/ perfect conditions and minimal modifications. It takes a bunch of effort and rubber-to-cement interaction to pull it out when you weigh over 2 tons... I'm gonna keep pushing myself and the launch technique to get in the low 5's. With the SRT Design and the 20's and low profile tires, I think it's going to be tough though. We could add .3+ tenths just w/ lower tire pressure on the track, and I think there is about no squash and give w/ the SRTD tires/wheels set up. I might try airing them down to get a better squishy launch. Also, the SRTD has the performance suspension, so the back end is less willing to give under hard launch too. I guess I'm stacking the chips against myself, but it will make it all that much better when I acheive low 5's.... Root for me guys.

· Registered
1,562 Posts
i'm rooting for you

· Registered
84 Posts
Does anyone have some before and after times or dyno's with the Diablo... I'm thinking of getting one, and have 2 questions...

1. Can it be taken off before service, as to not kill the warranty... with out them detecting?
2. How much horsepower, or faster times can I expect?

· Registered
498 Posts
Does anyone have some before and after times or dyno's with the Diablo... I'm thinking of getting one, and have 2 questions...

1. Can it be taken off before service, as to not kill the warranty... with out them detecting?
2. How much horsepower, or faster times can I expect?
Answer to question 1: Yes.
Answer to question 2: not as much as you might expect but it will make the car much more responsive, the gear changes much sharper and smooth out the gear, plus it will remove the top speed limiter, over all by far the best bang for you buck.

· Registered
84 Posts
Don't know how you got that number for 0-60? We have an 08 Charger R/T with K&N, Corsa's and predator tune and so far the best 0-60 has been 5.7 on the evic timer with a 91 performance tune. Let me know when you figure it out!:biggrin:
After cleaning up my run technique, I'm running a 5.6 seconds in the 0-60 with a stock with no tuner SRTD. I wonder if you could tune more and bring down your 5.7? What settings are you using.

· Registered
153 Posts
Hi guys heres a wee buzz from Scotland
I have a 300c CRD , the 3 litre Turbo Diesel engine, with just under 20K on the clock. Took her on the motorway tonight ,comeing back from Glasgow topped 120 mph .Ssssshhhhh dont be tellin. But more interestingly got my 0-60 time down to 5.94secs which is pretty damb good for a diesel.(not chipped)
Method used... Hold revs at 2000 rpm ,with ASP on,left foot on brake...floor pedal to the metal. There was very little wheel spin the Yokohamas did there job:fing02:

Attachments

· Registered
1 Posts
not using the evic...using the predator datalogging

it's a 2006, so the evic doesn't have the 0-60 functionality anyway, and any "press start...then drive like hell....press stop" kind of thing would naturally result in some weird results.

When you set the Predator up to "data log" it begins "recording" for about ten minutes (you can pick a small handful of parameters, in my case I selected mph and rpm). What I did then was download the data logging into the predator "dataviewer" software which puts the information on a x/y graph which you can view, zoom, etc.

I scrolled through to the points where I ran my runs, zoomed in to the highest point of zoom, then found the moment where my mph transitioned from "0mph" to "1mph" and wrote that down as my "begin point." I scrolled down the graph until the mph just transitioned from "59mph" to "60mph" and wrote that down as my "end point" and subtracted begin from end.

One example was a begin point of 5:58.362 for the transition of 0 to 1mph, and 6:03.102 on the datalogging data for the 59mph to 60mph transition, for a (potentially erroneous?) 0-60 of 4.740 seconds.

Now, I am by NO MEANS "bragging" or boasting or anything like that...certainly not posting this up to say "woohoo, lookit me, I have 4.7 second 0-60 times, so suck it!"

What I am doing is saying, "uh guys...and ladies...I think I am doing something wrong, please help me, 'cause I don't think this is possible."

That "something wrong" may be mis-reading the dataviewer, or who knows what. OR, maybe I have one kickass mutant of a 5.7L Hemi that was unleashed somehow, and the karma gods just decided I've had a long enough string of bad luck and it was time to shine on my miserable self.

Who knows.

As for launch technique, based on months of reading this forum and the lxforum, I'd been practicing a lot to minimize wheelspin, ESP off (of course). Got virtually identical results with full auto and autostick by short-shifting 1-2, then banging 2-3 at about 5,300 RPM, and 3-4 at about 5,300 RPM again for the 1/4. Not really sure where 60mph comes in with that mess. If there are 5,000 members on this forum, it's likely that there are 4,500 better drivers than me, though, I just pay attention to what I read.

Thank you in advance for the help, friends.

Pete
Hi Pete. You are one super cool dude by posting your car,s stats. I,m the brand new proud owner of a 2005 300C....bought used for$9,000 with 44000 miles on it. I,m 63 yr,s old, and in 09, i bought a new pontiac G8 Gt...with the 6.0 L engine. The day i got the G8, the engine light "never" turned off. It did 0 to 60 in 5 sec. Flat. SHIT CAR!.Give me the 300C any day. What the heck is 0.5 of a second good for in the real world. Enjoy your ride Pete, and dont worry so much about 0.5,6 of a second. Thank you for your time and courtesy....

21 - 40 of 40 Posts