Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GS Motorsports, who will be announcing the availability of supercharger for the 300C/MagnumRTs later this week, has confirmed that it has successfully cracked the ECU on our engines.

Expect good things to flow forth from this development. :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Any proof???

·
Registered
127 Posts
how did they crack the ECU, more info please......

·
Registered
482 Posts
I like the sound of this; maybe we can get some really serious power out of these for very little work/money, (well, we can hope).

·
Registered
265 Posts
So if this is true, the speed limiter must not be far off from being taken care of... =)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Can everyone say GROUP BUY. this is great news if it's true

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just heard about this forum..so here is a link to our current web page on the hemi s/c kit for the 2003-2005 hemi rams

Our new website with the 300c/magnum kit will be up by the end of the week so check back and you will be able to view more info and also pre order kits

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can't wait for this to be available!!!!! Now we can see just how much those trannys can really hold!

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Unless I am missing something, I don't see MDS Hemi data...this is for the 'regular' hemi in trucks.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Super SRT-8!

Is the ECU going to be different in the SRT-8? Make that puppy a 500 HP car. Wow, watch out M5.

For now it would be funny to supercharge a 300C and hang with an SRT-8. The SRT-8 guy would be saying WTF and take that beast back to the dealer and ask why. :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just spoke with scott at gsmotorsports.

I am gonna preorder this kit when it hits there website, they are testing the install on a magnum due to different bracketry.

I am so excited.

I am going straight for 8-10 psi boost. Hey when i am shelling out 4-5k another $500 shouldnt be a problem.

I am still very excited. Gotta get my performance mods started(brakes, exhaust, intakes). I just gotta figure how the hell i can bring the height of the car down. Ooohhhh eibach cant you just make springs for an awd. ALAS :(

I am doing the jetchip install this weekend, michigan weather seems pretty nice.(i bought stage1, and oh what i mistake i made but i am saving up for the big one).

Can this cracked ECU remove the top speed limiter on the car. Where can i find some pirellis when i need them. :D :D

SRT8 HERE I COME.

·
Registered
332 Posts
First300COwner said:
Is the ECU going to be different in the SRT-8? Make that puppy a 500 HP car. Wow, watch out M5.

For now it would be funny to supercharge a 300C and hang with an SRT-8. The SRT-8 guy would be saying WTF and take that beast back to the dealer and ask why. :D
No first300Cowner, we need a completely different name i think the srt team wont be so happy about this one or atleast we calling ourselves super srt8. :D :D

It would be great if a srt8 guy would do that, i am going to cancel my order on my srt8(dont flame me on this one) and i am cancelling my extending warranty and getting a refund. I JUST CANT WAIT, i dont how u boys are feeling but i consider this one of the biggest or greatest achievement taking place on the performance side of the 300C. I hate to leave our 6 cylinders guys behind hopefully they will see the light one day.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
GSM said:
Hi Guys,

Just heard about this forum..so here is a link to our current web page on the hemi s/c kit for the 2003-2005 hemi rams

http://www.gsmotorsports.com/hemi/

There is a downloadable PDF with our contact #'s

Our new website with the 300c/magnum kit will be up by the end of the week so check back and you will be able to view more info and also pre order kits

Scott Quaranta
GS Motorsports
Hi Scott. Welcome aboard.

Do you have a workaround for the MDS on the 300C/Magnum R/T?

Is it software based?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Climb on board

gshug said:
Can everyone say GROUP BUY. this is great news if it's true
This is the ticket.
Will start poll soonest.
Good thinking here.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks for that GSM, I actually can't really see it as being much of a problem unless you got into high PSI as that may be too much on MDS closed valves.

Anyways, hopefully in the web page that you setup for this new offering you can maybe put a longer explination on there as I know the gearheads out here will appreciate the showing of knowledge and also you'll have a more informed customer, and that's always a good thing.

Looking forward to seeing what kind of PSI the motor can take with and without intercooling. I know that the piston design in the Hemi makes for pistons that don't get along with detonation very well..

·
Registered
68 Posts
HaTaX said:
Thanks for that GSM, I actually can't really see it as being much of a problem unless you got into high PSI as that may be too much on MDS closed valves.

Anyways, hopefully in the web page that you setup for this new offering you can maybe put a longer explination on there as I know the gearheads out here will appreciate the showing of knowledge and also you'll have a more informed customer, and that's always a good thing.

Looking forward to seeing what kind of PSI the motor can take with and without intercooling. I know that the piston design in the Hemi makes for pistons that don't get along with detonation very well..
Remeber people that the MSD only works at cruising speed and it is deactivated as soon as you increase the throttle. So I highly doubt that you could ever get the full amount of boost to the heads before this deactivates.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
From Dodgemagnum.net

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:23 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I just spoke to Scott on the phone. I'm from LA, so it wasn't a problem. He did confirm that the GS Engineers have developed a supercharger kit, but will NOT I repeat NOT be releasing a replacement/upgraded/modified ECU module. They have no intentions of releasing such a replacement/upgrade/module any time in the near future.

The engineers have finished the supercharger design and are now working on the bracketry and airhose mounts. They expect a fully-functional retail release model to be available within 3 weeks.

The website http://www.gsmotorsports.com/ will be updated next week (or possibly by the end of this week) with some teaser information on the magnum kit and possibly some early dyno runs, and the product will be available to purchase within a 3 week time frame. The expected retail price will be between $4400 - $4700 for the entire kit. "

Looks like the ECU has NOT been cracked....... That sucks

·
Registered
332 Posts
aspendog said:
From Dodgemagnum.net

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:23 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I just spoke to Scott on the phone. I'm from LA, so it wasn't a problem. He did confirm that the GS Engineers have developed a supercharger kit, but will NOT I repeat NOT be releasing a replacement/upgraded/modified ECU module. They have no intentions of releasing such a replacement/upgrade/module any time in the near future.

The engineers have finished the supercharger design and are now working on the bracketry and airhose mounts. They expect a fully-functional retail release model to be available within 3 weeks.

The website http://www.gsmotorsports.com/ will be updated next week (or possibly by the end of this week) with some teaser information on the magnum kit and possibly some early dyno runs, and the product will be available to purchase within a 3 week time frame. The expected retail price will be between $4400 - $4700 for the entire kit. "

Looks like the ECU has NOT been cracked....... That sucks
Hey i posted the samething LOL. except with out the price and the ecu.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts