Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
jaydee said:
Looks like the BMW 5 series has a bunch of tricks up its sleeve to get the 500HP..

The superchips programmer for the 300C reminds me of some of the built in features of the bimmer and costs way less :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/05/automobiles/05BIMMER.html

Jaydee
BMW has VANOS (now it's double VANOS whatever that is) variable length intake runners, but they still can't get great low-RPM torque. Their M5 engine is very very complex. I'm sure the M5 is a blast to drive with the famous BMW natural driving feel (which is becoming hard to find on the newest BMWs apparently). But it's very complicated and gets even worse gas mileage than the LX SRT8.

Superchips doesn't add any complexity, just changes the engine computer settings AFAIK. It won't adjust the settings on your air suspension (what air suspension) and you can't use it while driving. But as far as engine performance goes, it could be even more flexible than all the BMW adjustments. Does anyone keep a programmer in their car/truck with a few different programs in it and re-flash depending on the type of upcoming road?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I love it when companies take an already established simplicity and turn it into a marketing term.

Funny, I thought only Honda did that.. Guess BMW does too. Dang :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts