Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Modern hemi that is. We have another customer that made 502.02rwhp but had 15ft lbs of tq less. This was done with a bone stock intake manifold as well. We will be adding the 90mm tb as soon as they are available and maybe even a ported intake to match.

426 Shortblock
PPP Stage 2 Heads
Custom cam
Stock Manifold
Longtube headers
3200 stall
Magnaflow catback
CAI
Diablosport custom tuning by PPP

502.22rwhp/501.78rwtq STD
490.37rwhp/489.94rwtq SAE

·
Registered
137 Posts
That is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do a cost benefit analysis for me please. What would the cost of this setup versus a a supercharger setup that is coming online.

Pros?

Cons?

Thanks,

greg

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do a cost benefit analysis for me please. What would the cost of this setup versus a a supercharger setup that is coming online.

Pros?

Cons?

Thanks,

greg
Cost $8999
426 LONGBLOCK - PPP-426-LB

Im not going to list pros/cons of a competitors product, it would be right for me to do so. All I can offer is that our 426 with heads/cam is $8999 and it is currently the 3rd fastest car in the country. The car has over 30,000 miles on it without any adversae affects from the extra power. I will say that making 500rwhp NA on a Forged motor is going to last allot longer than 500rwhp from a boosted stcok cast engine.

·
Registered
308 Posts
That is awesome. I promise I will be in touch soon if not today!!

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Cost $8999

Im not going to list pros/cons of a competitors product, it would be right for me to do so. All I can offer is that our 426 with heads/cam is $8999 and it is currently the 3rd fastest car in the country. The car has over 30,000 miles on it without any adversae affects from the extra power. I will say that making 500rwhp NA on a Forged motor is going to last allot longer than 500rwhp from a boosted stcok cast engine.
Totally agree and a very honest answer too. Going one way or another isn't really comparing apples with apples as it is always highly recommended to build an engine when going F/I.

Here is our 426 overlayed with a Turbo 6.1 at 5psi.

In saying that, man that is an awesome result for both your N/A and 5psi turbo kit. Well done.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
either way wether your going natural or forced induction, these are the options you need to take up for future strenght, it's like building a house really, if you don't get the foundation right the house will never be as strong no matter what extra you put on it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Cost $8999

What kind of compression ratio was built into this engine. You also mentioned that this was just for the long block.

What heads did you slap on this thing and what are the "rough" cam specs. Just when I thought I was goinhg to pull the trigger on an FI setup, you had to go an show this graph.

Bottom line is, I don't want to lose any lower end grunt, that I now anjoy with my stock 5.7l. Is the motor you just showed a upper RPM queen only? Or does it carry some low end grunt as well, based on the large displacement.

Thanks, and more questions to come.

greg

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What kind of compression ratio was built into this engine. You also mentioned that this was just for the long block.

What heads did you slap on this thing and what are the "rough" cam specs. Just when I thought I was goinhg to pull the trigger on an FI setup, you had to go an show this graph.

Bottom line is, I don't want to lose any lower end grunt, that I now anjoy with my stock 5.7l. Is the motor you just showed a upper RPM queen only? Or does it carry some low end grunt as well, based on the large displacement.

Thanks, and more questions to come.

greg
The compression is 10.3:1. The heads are our Stage 2 6.1 Heads. The cam specs are proprietary especially on such a new profile making this much power. I will say it is over 230/230. Below is an overlay of a stock 5.7 and the motor above. You tell me what you think about the low rpm tq difference.
190rwtq at 4300rpm.
155rwhp at 4300rpm
200rwtq at 5750rpm
210rwhp at 5750rpm

There is no shortage of tq anywhere to be found.

·
Registered
803 Posts
That's bad ass yo!!!! Sick set up!!
+1........

except I don't really talk like that. I'd say "congrats on the great n/a power gains!" But I'm feeling lazy so I'll just ditto his "That's bad ass yo!!!! Sick set up!!"

BTW- Now tear open that engine, lower the compression and throw your turbo on it.

Or throw some nitrous at it.

Either way, enough is never enough!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yowza!!! Amazing power!

·
Registered
118 Posts
The compression is 10.3:1. The heads are our Stage 2 6.1 Heads. The cam specs are proprietary especially on such a new profile making this much power. I will say it is over 230/230. Below is an overlay of a stock 5.7 and the motor above. You tell me what you think about the low rpm tq difference.
190rwtq at 4300rpm.
155rwhp at 4300rpm
200rwtq at 5750rpm
210rwhp at 5750rpm

There is no shortage of tq anywhere to be found.
Where did your graphs go? Did photobucket lose them all?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I wish I was more savvy with engine tlak :-/ from what I read though when you upgrade right, your car wont get that general idea that a fast car with lots of miles should be falling apart by the time you get a good amount of mileage from them. This modern muscle stuff is so cool !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts