Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be kind enough to offer their opinion as to the value of 59 Plate CRD Estate with 118000 miles?

New tyres all round at 114000
Dealer service to 70000
Gearbox oil change at 95000
Oil and filters changed every 6000 since dealer service finished
Turbo inlet hose mods and catch tank
Alternator shroud
All front suspension renewed at 105000

In condition inside and out with just minor stone chips.

If this is an inappropriate place to post then please let me know and I will move to another area.

Thanks

Ben

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Ben, best is to look at Autotrader and generally see how much they go for. You can use the drop down facility and select the appropriate mileage and see what come up. Hope it helps.

Auto Trader UK - New & used cars for sale

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Thanks for the tip. I used their valuation facility and it comes out at about £5500. A bit less than I expected but fair enough I suppose considering the mileage. Just been trying to decide whether to move onto something a little more economical but having reflected I have decided to stick with it for the mean while.

I do all my own servicing and although it's a big car it's pretty cheap if you can change your own oil and filters. I spend around £250 a year servicing it every 6000 miles and I do 20k - 25k a year. Was looking at an Audi or VW. Although they're are economical fuel wise you are suddenly entering the world of cambelts (changing or snapping!) Dual mass flywheel clutches etc. Things I don't have the time to do so I would have to pay for.

Better the devil you do than the devil you don't for me. Interestingly my average MPG is 32 over a year. That includes a lot of driving over the woodhead pass and other hilly roots so perhaps no surprise. My goal for next year is to get this down to 36 by driving a bit more carefully. According to my spreadsheet (yes I'm one of those) it'll put £500 back in my pocket.

In the end having looked around I'd just miss that auto box, the comfy heated seats and that great bose sound system. Plus I'm 6ft4" and I just don't look right wearing anything else!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Have to agree with you there, being 6'4 myself I look rather silly in a small car :)

36 mpg should be achievable, I generally get around 38-40 doing mostly motorway driving at around 60 to 65 ish. There really is nothing else on the road that has quite the same presence, a or that is as relaxing to drive... if only the suspension was cheaper to fix!

JD

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wow, 32mpg? You're obviously using the imperial gallon, right?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, Imperial Gallons. Divide by 1.2 for the US Gal consumption.

I can get 38-40 on a motorway too and 65 is the perfect speed. Get some good music on, sit in cruise and relax!

I did the complete front suspension for £400 this year (+lots of grazed knuckles!) Transformed the car.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Don't forget, the CRD is a 3.0 V6 DIESEL, so it's going to be a bit more economical than the petrol V8, even though it doesn't sound quite as nice :)

JD

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yes, Imperial Gallons. Divide by 1.2 for the US Gal consumption.

I can get 38-40 on a motorway too and 65 is the perfect speed. Get some good music on, sit in cruise and relax!

I did the complete front suspension for £400 this year (+lots of grazed knuckles!) Transformed the car.
Yeah, about to order the bits to get mine done - can't find a UK source for the Moog lower balljoints, so getting those from RockAuto in the states, along with the ARB bushes and maybe the lower control arms (although I may cheap out and get some non-Moog ones). Then going to Ray to get it done, don't really have the tools or the space to do it myself. Shame really :)

JD

·
Registered
199 Posts
Awesome gas....er, diesel mileage. :hail::hail:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine we're all bits from ebay and so far so good. I have to say that in the end it was just the top arms that needed replacing but I did the lot as I had them available. The top arms are a bit of sod as you can only get an open ended spanner on the nuts holding the wishbone in place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts