Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what gains should i expect with this cam? Anyone have any experience with that cam? thanks in advanced fellas.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
The springs will just help with valve float above 6200... won't make any more power with them but will help with the bigger cam. You may want to look at a stall converter with that cam as well so you don't lose out down low.

If your doing the 6.1 swap you are doing the full exhaust right? I would also for sure upgrade the radiator to the hd one as she will need it and the stock 5.7 diff won't last long pal!

The mod bug has got you now! Lol...

Let us know when you get started!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
596 Posts
yeah i already have the srt8 non getrag diff in the car. I swapped that last year in august.
I hope your not still using the stock SRT axles...if so kiss them good bye...better upgrade the axles for now then...go with 09 up RT axles or get a set off drop in DSS axles...

·
Registered
48 Posts
^^^^ Good call. I went through 2 axles in about 6 months, but i know not everyone is as fortunate. There is a guy with a set of the DSS 600hp axles for 900 on LXForums. The R/T upgrade is alot cheaper though. And why are you worried about gains from the cam. You are getting gratuitous amounts of gain just by doing the motor swap. Also hope you have a gas stipend as the fun factor will increase and so will the pedal play.

·
Registered
596 Posts
^^^^ Good call. I went through 2 axles in about 6 months, but i know not everyone is as fortunate. There is a guy with a set of the DSS 600hp axles for 900 on LXForums. The R/T upgrade is alot cheaper though. And why are you worried about gains from the cam. You are getting gratuitous amounts of gain just by doing the motor swap. Also hope you have a gas stipend as the fun factor will increase and so will the pedal play.
I was looking at those axles...i went the 09 RT route only reason i did was i liked the fact of having more splines on the axle...and using new RT hubs...i hear good things about doing this cheap upgrade...HOPE IT works...lol

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
so, out of curiosity, a 6.1 with this cam... if one wanted to do heads also, which heads would give what kind of gains?

To the OP, I don't know the make of my cam, (installed by the PO) but I'm putting down 406.5 RWHP.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ok so 09+ RT axles goes on the list. yeah LSU300srt8 they do call you mr. axle around here (MD) Lls

do i just need to buy the axles or is there more to get the axles to work with the srt8 diff?

And I just had questions about this cam. Seems that everyone is going with the srtmax cam route. I haven't heard or seen to much info about this cam.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
SRTMAX is a tried and tested cam, strong as hell up top and thumps nicely down low... The HHP Stage 2 cam is strong as well, I went in a HHP Stage 2 heads and cam car and it was SOLID all the way through the power band with a 3200 stall converter. Either route you will have fun!

The RT axles are plug and play with the stock SRT diff...you will need hubs and axle nuts... then your good... need to get the 09 and up axles though.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah my installer had a another customers 300 6.1 sr8 getting a srt max plus cam installed. He had long tubes and jba midpipes. Boy did it sound good.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
yeah my installer had a another customers 300 6.1 sr8 getting a srt max plus cam installed. He had long tubes and jba midpipes. Boy did it sound good.
Yeah I thought about doing an SRT Max in my 5.7, I just think mine is a better fit for my application, but man it was a close decision as that SRT Max sounds amazing... even advancing it a little to bring the power down just wouldn't be quite right for me... with a 6.1 it's perfect! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hope you weren't talking about Mark's. In no way shape, form, fashion does that thing sound good. Its loud and obnoxious. I can hear him enter my neighborhood and drive all the way through it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hope you weren't talking about Mark's. In no way shape, form, fashion does that thing sound good. Its loud and obnoxious. I can hear him enter my neighborhood and drive all the way through it.
lol what kind of exhaust do mark have? And naw mark's CHALLENGER wasn't down there. Bill had 2 300s (3 if you counted me just checking out the motor). Jesse with the black 300 srt8 was the car I was talking about. They thing sounded bad ass. He had the srt max plus cam, longtubes and jba mid pipes. Sounded like a muscle car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gotcha, Mark has flows i believe. God awful drone on the highway, stupid, mustang loud for no reason. May or may not be making the move on a cam in the next couple weeks. I don't know yet. I might just wait til July and after I get done with the SRT experience, head over to VA Beach and let Brent get ahold of the car

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tru. What is this srt experience you speak of. I still haven't seen mark's srt8 chally. When will the car meets be back outside lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Once the weather gets nice out. You can't come join us for breakfast. Stop being so cheap, you can get a breakfast for like 5 bucks. Mark doesn't come out because he "works overtime." I don't think we will see him again until after he gets the cam in. All he is gonna do is run his mouth. And then he is gonna disappear again. I honestly think he is scared of the car. I think the cam was just another act of trying to be better than everyone else.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts