Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
I believe you need a long exhaust pushrod (one of them is longer in the 6.1L for sure, I believe it is the exhaust side). You will also need to go with the Kooks headers for the SRT8 as well, as the exhaust ports are different shape than the 5.7L ports. Not sure if there are any clearance issues on the front from the new intake, but the fuel rail mounts different and you will have to probably get a 6.1L fuel rail.

Todd

·
Registered
482 Posts
5.7L and 6.1L injectors fit on each other's fuel rails, but the 6.1L injectors flow 14% more fuel than the 5.7L injectors. You probably won't need them if just doing the head/intake swap.

Todd

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6.1l head ,intake and cam install

I was just reading about someone that was going to install this in their 5.7 but they never finished the thread or updated and was wondering if anyone knows if it worked or if they even did it?

·
Registered
139 Posts
PM or Call Scott at GSM. He just posted on Charger forums that the head and intake kit for the 5.7 is ready.

GSM said:
one of the sets ready was a set of 5.7 heads, so we will have numbers as soon as the customer recieves the modded heads

Scott
GSM said:
I will have the Flow #'s for the 5.7 monday also, they are ready to ship

to the customers

Scott
Here is the thread. Go to the last page for details on the 5.7.....

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7813&page=1&pp=10

1 - 6 of 6 Posts