Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I was wondering what the benefits of putting the 6.1 intake on a 5.7 Hemi. is there a noticeable power gain from doing this or is it more of a mod for looks. Also curious as to what all is needed to swap the intake onto a 5.7. i often see them for sale with the injectors, fuel rail, and throttle body. is all of the needed for the swap or is it a direct bolt on? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A 370 intake manifold will raise your power band a bit higher than the stock 345 manifold. The downside is on an otherwise stock 345 you will lose a little on the bottom end. The throttle body used on the 370 is the same that is on the 345.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
6.1 injectors will swamp a stock 5.7 unless scaled back... rails on the 6.1 look nice if you want to use them.

Personally if your car is stock I would leave the 5.7 manifold on it, your car's cam will not let it perform up at 6200 rpm anyway so power gains are minimal, plus the additional heat soak from the metal vs plastic intake negate some of the gain... then add in the port diameter difference on the 6.1 vs 5.7 and the torque loss from the runner length and there is no real benefit to you other than a party piece.

Now if you do cam and heads and get a stall converter that launches you in the power band... then go ahead... great mod! I had one on my cam and heads 5.7 and honestly there was pretty much no difference other than higher intake temps at the track. Now I'm on boost the intake helps my car run out up top much better....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts