Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Finally we can purchase MOPAR Performance Parts in AUST at a few dealers. While I was flipping through the brochure I liked the look of the 6.1L SRT8 exhaust, only thing is that I have the baby 5.7 Hemi in my 300c, question is now will the 6.1L exhaust fit up on my 5.7L from the cats back. Myself I can't think of any reasons why it can't as the engine/trans/diff assy are the same or are they?

I liked the look of the 6.1L over the 5.7L because of the mufflers and I want to 300c to be as LOUD as possible :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
if...

Don't worry, you are absolutely correct. It'll fit perfectly. You'll need the SRT8 rear bumper to use the tips.

But it won't be loud. Just louder than stock. It has a nice blare under heavy throttle but it is basically quiet otherwise.

·
Registered
859 Posts
i was told that the srt8 had 3" piping and that the Hemi had 2.5" so that it wouldnt work. You might want to double check on that before you order.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Big Daddy's correct. The systems are a different diameter, so you will have to have an adapting coupler somwhere ahead of the cats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts