Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm looking to swaping my 5.7 to 61 headers! I couldn't find info on this I know it can be done but what's necessary and what would I need thanks..Chris

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think just srt bolts and gasket are needed? True? The member I'm going to get these from had told me the 6.1 headers on a 5.7'L. Are equaluvant to JBA shorties...

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I think just srt bolts and gasket are needed? True? The member I'm going to get these from had told me the 6.1 headers on a 5.7'L. Are equaluvant to JBA shorties...
I would check into that. The 6.1 motor as a whole is upgraded I would assume the ports are a tad bigger to accommodate whats goin on inside of it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Problem with that is that they're for the pickup trucks, which were never offered with the 6.1. So any trucks they test fit on with the 6.1 were probably stroked 5.7s, which would have the 5.7 heads and ports.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Problem with that is that they're for the pickup trucks, which were never offered with the 6.1. So any trucks they test fit on with the 6.1 were probably stroked 5.7s, which would have the 5.7 heads and ports.
Yeah just noticed that oops

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Dont know I would call a parts supply center (Mopar Supercenter) and ask.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have seen others selling there srt headers
Stating ''if you 5.7 guys want more power @ a fraction of the cost of shorties then 6.1 headers will do'' and other means bye that.. So now I'm confused on what my out come will be. I have not found any data on this ill maybe need to call a dealership and or mopar center like that of what was suggested.. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
ok

the 6.1 works but there is an egr passage to be filled/blocked off. Many have already done this, I recommend you go to LX forums to see the details.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok how would you fill or block it?? I can use the predator to turn off'but the ports from the two different headers are different. And looks like I'd have to drill a hole for the egr on the 6.1 headers am I right?..

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Ok how would you fill or block it?? I can use the predator to turn off'but the ports from the two different headers are different. And looks like I'd have to drill a hole for the egr on the 6.1 headers am I right?..
Steve said it best. Search on lxforums for your answer or shoot BigDave a PM over their. He has 6.1 headers on his 5.7.

·
Registered
845 Posts
tell us what you find out because I'm interested in this project as well. Thanks!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts