Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 RWD 5.7 and looking into swapping the cam with the MDS 392 cam. Have seen a lot with this, my main questions are is swapping just the cam an option? Seen stock pushrods should work, but wondering about springs, phaser, etc. And is a tune required immediately after, or will the car still run fine in the meantime?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 RWD 5.7 and looking into swapping the cam with the MDS 392 cam. Have seen a lot with this, my main questions are is swapping just the cam an option? Seen stock pushrods should work, but wondering about springs, phaser, etc. And is a tune required immediately after, or will the car still run fine in the meantime?
I am about to do the same. No phaser needed. It is recommended that you upgrade your valve springs. Other than that it is a strait bolt on. Tune will more than likely be needed, but may run ok in the meantime. Watch the detailed videos by Reignites-Cycle and Auto named “Budget Challenger Build”. I am following his instructions almost to the “T”. I’m buying the tuner and looking out for someone on here to post a recommendation for a budget tune. Maybe there is already one going around for this swap? In the videos, he retains the MDS but I am doing a delete. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey just thought I would update you on the cam install. I finished it this weekend and it ran fairly good without the tune. You can tell it isn't quite right, but idled fine at around 600 RPM. Drives great too. So maybe it varies. I did a lot of research to make sure that I had everything that I needed to do it right so I wonder about these other folks. Not to put them down, just maybe they missed an important piece of the puzzle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts