Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!! :)

I hope you're OK.

"Some local governments have ignored the safety benefit of increasing the yellow light time and decided to install red-light cameras, shorten the yellow light duration, and collect the profits instead."

Click on THIS to read the story.

Craig!! :)

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Evilness at its best.......

I've been in 5 of those cities in the last 7 months :scared:

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
aaargh!

this is rapidly becoming my pet peeve! They just installed one in my town.

Speak up, citizens! Don't wait till they mail you a ticket!

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
After living in germany for a total of 9 years, I like the photo tickets. I hate feeling like a 3rd grader in trouble when the cop comes to the door. you can also avoid it a bit better... but shortening the time just to raise profits?? that's as bad as sending my kindergartner home with a catalog to try and sell stuff to raise money for the school. Just raise the sales tax a penny and spend it correctly, and leave me alone!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I got a photo ticket in Germany for speeding in a construction zone. The date didn't seem right, so I checked my calendar and I had been at Tank Gunnery exercises at Grafenwoer. My wife was the culprit. Of course, I paid the ticket, 100 marks as I recall.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think that Charlotte NC should definately be on that list.
Thanks Independence Blvd. traffic light engineers.:twak:

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I've got an even better idea; lower the sales tax a penny, spend the remaining revenue correctly, and leave me alone!
Like that's gonna happen, either way. :scared:

I don't mind paying, just as long as its spent wisely... too bad it never will.... would love to pay less, but could handle a wee bit more if it stopped the neverending other ways to make money for the gov't.

Either way, too much greed and waste as it is now..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts