Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I'm new to this forum and I am a proud owner of a new 2014 Chrysler 300c. I just placed my order through the dealership. I didn't bother upgrading the speaker system and stuck with the 6 speaker alpine unit because I want to purchase aftermarket speakers for a better sound than stock. My question is.. where exactly are all 6 of the alpine speakers located? I would imagine two in the front door, two in the rear deck, and not sure where the other two would be. Any help would be awesome! Any suggestions on speakers would help too!! Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
Unfortunately, I have the same system. It is not a great system. Mine was completely lacking in bass. I added a 10" sub with it's own amp, which improved things quite a bit. You have two speakers in the dash, two in the doors and two in the rear deck. There are several threads on upgrading this system, so do a search and you'll pick up a lot of good upgrade info.

Phil

·
Registered
108 Posts
What phunter said is correct.

There are two 3.5" speakers in the dash, 6x9"s in the front doors and two more 6x9"s in the rear deck.

The front door speakers are crossed-over so that only bass frequencies go to them. If you plan on changing speakers, I wouldn't go with anything more than 2-ways in the doors or rear deck.

The stock system is voiced in a way that the high frequencies are uncontrollable once you get capable speakers.

I wound up replacing the door and rear deck speakers with Pioneer TS-G6943R 6x9's and I am very pleased with the result.

I had originally installed Kicker's and they just were not a good match for this car, IMO.

The Pioneer's add the punch that the stock 6x9's were missing and they cost less than $60.00 for each pair.

Good luck and congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
1 Posts
What phunter said is correct.

There are two 3.5" speakers in the dash, 6x9"s in the front doors and two more 6x9"s in the rear deck.

The front door speakers are crossed-over so that only bass frequencies go to them. If you plan on changing speakers, I wouldn't go with anything more than 2-ways in the doors or rear deck.

The stock system is voiced in a way that the high frequencies are uncontrollable once you get capable speakers.

I wound up replacing the door and rear deck speakers with Pioneer TS-G6943R 6x9's and I am very pleased with the result.

I had originally installed Kicker's and they just were not a good match for this car, IMO.

The Pioneer's add the punch that the stock 6x9's were missing and they cost less than $60.00 for each pair.

Good luck and congrats on the new car!
Hey, did you change the amplifier that comes pre installed? were the pioneers just 6x9 coaxial or components? im looking to upgrade mine as well! i have a 2018 300S with the 6 speaker Alpine setup

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, did you change the amplifier that comes pre installed? were the pioneers just 6x9 coaxial or components? im looking to upgrade mine as well! i have a 2018 300S with the 6 speaker Alpine setup
I have the same year and system. Did you ever upgrade? What did you use? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I have the same year and system. Did you ever upgrade? What did you use? Thanks.
The OP hasn't posted anything in about 20 months. I don't know if he's still around, but if you want an update from him, I'd suggest you send him a PM.

FWIW, there are plenty of great options for 6X9" and 3.5" speakers for our cars. If you're on a budget, Kicker makes some good 3.5"s with decent sensitivity (88db). If there's room in your budget, Infinity Reference REF-3032CFX have even better sensitivity (92db), so they'll really make the most of your stock amp's limited power. Same story with 6X9, there's a good set of Kickers (43CSC6934), with excellent sensitivity (92db) at a very reasonable price, and the Infinity Reference 9632IX (94db) is even better, but more money.

Dudeman makes a good point about crossovers in the front doors. The problem is that 6X9 "component woofers" are relatively specialized, and you'll wind up with a much smaller selection for a lot more money. I compromised by putting Infinity REF-96321IX (2-way) in the front doors and REF-96231IX (3-way) in the rear shelf, where they're supplied with full-range audio. But if the 2-ways hadn't been available for the doors I would have used the 3-ways and not lost any sleep over it. I replaced all my 3.5s with Kicker 43SCS54s.

I'm very happy with the setup, but if I had it to do over again, I might pony up the extra quag for the Infinity 3.5s, especially if I had an Alpine with only 2. I have a Beats setup which means I had to buy three sets of 3.5s, so cost was a little more of a factor.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I did the Infinity swap for both dash and doors on my ‘13. Dash was good (very bright...need to turn down) but doors were not. Bass was not as good as stock. I recommend just leaving the stock door speakers and focus on dash and rear deck. See how it goes and then focus on doors if need be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I did the Infinity swap for both dash and doors on my ‘13. Dash was good (very bright...need to turn down) but doors were not. Bass was not as good as stock. I recommend just leaving the stock door speakers and focus on dash and rear deck. See how it goes and then focus on doors if need be.

Interesting. Which Infinitys did you use?

·
Registered
636 Posts
The 3.5” were what you mentioned, just the previous generation, along with the matching 6x9s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts