Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the standard 6 speaker system, not BA, in my 07 Touring, i took off the cover underneath the rear deck and seen that there is a spot for the 7" sub that comes in the BA systems. It also has the factory harness which was taped off. i uncovered the harness and seen everything is in tact. Im wondering if i can add an 8" sub by making a mounting bracket, as desribed in this forum, and connecting it to the factory harness? Does the factory amp have enough power left over to power an aftermarket sub? i wont get a top of the line sub im sure, since i realize i wont have much power.

Also, i have a 1000w nitro amp, and 1000w pheonix digital sub, can i use an LOC and tap into the rear speakers and still maintain good quality overall sound? If not, i have been reading about tapping into the door speakers for optimum quality. How on earth do i do that? where is the easiest spot to do so? what color wires etc? any insight would be great. thanx.
Aaron

·
Registered
975 Posts
well to answer your questions- I don't know if the NON B/A Amp sends a signal for the Subs so that harness although it's there might not do you any good if there is no signal coming through it. Yes with minor modification you should be able to add a sub on the rear deck but the OEM Amp has proven itself to not be worthy of powering anything more then OEM equipment so you would have to add an amp. PAC Audio makes a harness that you plug to the rear of the radio to add RCA connector so that you can get a good quality signal for the subs. Yes you can tap the front speakers and use the LOC if you wanted too and the easiest way to do that is by getting to the OEM amp located under the steering wheel by your knees- easy access to remove the panel and splice the signal from there.

There are many ways to do it- it all comes down to how involved or how much you want to invest on it.

Good Luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx. that makes sense. another q on that though. can i tap into the wires for the sub with my LOC? it may not put out enough power for an aftermarket sub but wouldnt it have the proper frequency levels so i can add an amp and sub to this line, instead of running wires all the way from under the dash to the trunk?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
If you have the LOC, you would be better off tapping the rear speakers.
I don't think there is any signal there in the 6 speaker system, especially
if it's non-BA. In the non-BA system, the 2 sets of front speakers are
tied together. All of the feeds should be full range.

·
Registered
975 Posts
YEP- Just like Cool V said- Just splice that LOC into the rear speaker wire and you should be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts