23,437 Posts
Hope this helps.

Bernie

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only thing i see in that location is a small black box that his SEIMENS VDO i think it says on it

its not silver like all the other pics ive seen

ah well ill take another look later

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
All radios are listed as having an amp in the same location. What's the code of your system (RAK, REF etc)?

You should see part numbers on it such as:

05030270AC [RFC,RFE]
05030297AB [RFF]
05064118AI [RDF,RD7,RD5]
05290521AA [RFZ]

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
No problem, but I'm wondering if you're looking at the right location where it should be.

Bernie

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Quick question:

Did your car come with sound group I or II? If neither then you don't have
an amp.

I believe there was an optional stereo system that had 6 speakers and
no amp.

I suspect you would also not have U-connect or Nav Voice, but I'm not
an expert in this area?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i bought it used and all i was told was factory deck with 6 speakers
i looked at that spot and i see nothing

so now im off to get a cheap harness until my new deck arrives

·
Registered
534 Posts
Check your trunk. I have one on the left rear fender behind the carpet. No clue if theres one under the dash too. I had the
RAKS- AM/FM Cass/CD 6-Disc MP3 Radio
RC6S- 6 Boston Acoustics Speakers + 2 more going in this week
RD7P- 276 Watt Amplifier
before I added the AVIC-D3.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
It's the sub in the trunk, not the amp.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I don't have a sub. The unit says amplifier right on it.
Strange. It sounds like you have the BA6 system and the sub is supposed to be in the rear deck shelf and the amp should be under the dash like all the systems.

Here's what the manual says:

SIX SPEAKER - BOSTON ACOUSTICS
The six speaker system features six speakers in six locations. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker is located in each front door. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker located on each side of the rear shelf. Two 8.9 centimeter (3.5 inch) speakers are located on the top portion of the instrument panel. This speaker system also includes an amplifier. The total available power of the speaker system is 288 watts.

I have a BA7 system and there's nothing behind the carpet on the left side. Having said that, the satellite receiving unit is behind the left side trunk trim and I'm thinking that's what you're seeing. The reason I don't have anything is because Sirius was not available in Canada in 2005.

Have a look at the attachment to see if what you see looks like it.

Bernie

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
That was what I originally thought it was until I looked closer. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow. If it is the Sirius unit I can pull it out and eBay it, because I no longer have Sirius with the D3.

I have the BA7 speakers on their way, I think. Got them for $50 on eBay. They're the BA speakers that came on the Charger, which I believe has the 2 6x9s in the door, Three 3" across the dash, 2 6x9s in the rear deck and an 8" sub in the rear deck. Hoping I won't have to swap in a new 368W amp to power them.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
i bought it used and all i was told was factory deck with 6 speakers
i looked at that spot and i see nothing

so now im off to get a cheap harness until my new deck arrives
someone else would have to verify, but I'm not sure whether you have
an amp or not determines which harness you need. I think the fact
that there may not be an accessory feed in the stock harness that
would determine it.

I believe you still need a CAN-BUS compatible wiring harness.

And the harness you originally pointed to on ebay was a harness
that lets you keep your stock radio and add an amp. If you are
replacing your radio, then that harness definitely will not help you.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Take a look here and see if this helps you....some folks went without a harness, but wound up not being able to shut the radio off. That is because there is no switched power at the radio. However, you can find such a wire (example fuse 18 in the switched position which would let you use the cigarette lighter feed). In that case you can use the FAQ for the wiring diagram, and make your connections that way.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ca...peaker-system-no-stock-amp.html?highlight=amp

As for how I would do it......I'd buy the correct harness from the
start to be safe.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Take a look here and see if this helps you....some folks went without a harness, but wound up not being able to shut the radio off. That is because there is no switched power at the radio. However, you can find such a wire (example fuse 18 in the switched position which would let you use the cigarette lighter feed). In that case you can use the FAQ for the wiring diagram, and make your connections that way.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ca...peaker-system-no-stock-amp.html?highlight=amp

As for how I would do it......I'd buy the correct harness from the
start to be safe.
Good thread and it answers a lot of questions! There's another link within it explaining the how to for getting at the amp as well - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/faq-archives/9359-how-access-factory-amplifier.html.

Bernie

·
Registered
534 Posts
It must be the Sirius unit in my trunk. Its got an antenna plug going to it, along with the harness.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts