Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i thought i'd make a new post w/pic and my install insted of adding to my other post because it might be alittle easier to read..ect.

so i orderd from HIDGATE last friday evening, the order was processed monday. i recived them today...thats 3 days shipping to alaska...NOT BAD in my book!!! the kits seem well made, good instructions that i had no need for haha but i'm very happy with HIDGATE as a whole.

the lights have NO FLICKER issues, i installed the capicitors included with the headlights.

i drove with the lights tonight for about an hour to make sure my grandma would not have any issues, as its her daily driver and plus the lights were her 68th birthday present! haha

on with the pictures

the kits

the headlight kit with the capisitor

the pass side headlight was easy to get to. but the drivers side i took advice of other members and unbolted the rad revivor and power steering resivor.

for the foglight i had to drop the belly pan thingy under the frontend..took me a few mins to figure out. with all the bolts out it dropped out of the way and gave acess to the foglights.

the back of the foglight

all said and done, with 6000K headlights and 10000K foglights

next to my explorer with 6000K hids heads and fogs

next to my buddys explorer with 6000k heads and 12000k fogs

the good pics!

and the sunset off the seward highway just outside of anchorage alaska :fing02:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Nicely done. Only problem I see is that you said "the drivers side headlight was easy to get to. but the pass side i took advice of other members and unbolted the rad revivor and power steering resivor." I do believe that those are opposite.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nicely done. Only problem I see is that you said "the drivers side headlight was easy to get to. but the pass side i took advice of other members and unbolted the rad revivor and power steering resivor." I do believe that those are opposite.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

haha omg your right i toatly didnt catch that! thanks! lol it was late and i was tired when i tried to do the post..thanks for being ontop of things!

so grandma saw them last night and i quote "ohh...those are really pretty!" i think it worked out :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought the 6000kfrom them and work perfect too..
Is it me or is the 300 leaking oil..it looks like it is from the top right of the motor and dripping down? But looks nice...

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
you know whats funny? every kit ive seen from HIDGATE is slightly different, especially the antiflicker capacitor they use and where they mount it.. ive seen atleast 3-4 different types already....

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope no oil, the car just came from the car wash..alot of water dripping off. thats my garage..my explorer and my dads park in there. the car stays in my grandmas garage as its her car.

she drove the car tonight in pitch dark, she was amazed this is the first car shes ever driven with HIDs and she was blown away. so our mission was done haha

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm so last night after turning them on, the drivers headlight flickerd once..then not again. i'm going to keep a close eye on this to make sure its not going to keep happening. if it does what is the next option?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts