·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the final details.

Date: July 29,2005
Place: Hooters, Anahiam http://hooters.know-where.com/hoote...te=473&address=
Time: 4:30pm
Agenda: Meet at Hooters, cruise to Garden Grove Main St (approx. 5:00pm), we will stage just prior to entering Main St.
Final Destination: (For those who want to join us later) Main St. Garden Graove, Ca
www.socalcarculture.com

When we make the cuise over from Hooters, we will take the route that passes right in front of Disneyland.

This will be a great time Garden Grove has really done a nice job fixing the area up. I would guess we will be there for a while, so if you decide to join us we'll be there.

If we can get an idea of how many will show we can try to hold an area open for our group. From what I hear this gets a pretty good crowd. We might have to send a group in just to hold parking, prior to are arrival.

·
Registered
106 Posts
fatchance said:
Here are the final details.

Agenda: Meet at Hooters, cruise to Garden Grove Main St (approx. 5:00pm), we will stage just prior to entering Main St.
Final Destination: (For those who want to join us later) Main St. Garden Graove, Ca
www.socalcarculture.com

When we make the cuise over from Hooters, we will take the route that passes right in front of Disneyland.

This will be a great time Garden Grove has really done a nice job fixing the area up. I would guess we will be there for a while, so if you decide to join us we'll be there.

If we can get an idea of how many will show we can try to hold an area open for our group. From what I hear this gets a pretty good crowd. We might have to send a group in just to hold parking, prior to are arrival.

sounds good

·
Registered
349 Posts
I don't know if I can get off of work early enough to meet with you guys for the cruise. Why so early? Other people will most likely have the same problem

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
fatchance can you comment??

Hey turbo, this is purely speculation, but if this is like a few other cruise nights that I've done 'downtown', such as Danville, up north... they actually close off a couple of blocks of the main street and diagonally park the cars on both sides of the street... once the street is filled you can't get in so it's basically first come - first parked and if you don't go in together you won't be parked together...

One more note about this type of event... typically you are obligated to stay for a specific period of time before the street is re-opened to traffic.

Hope to see you!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HEMEEE said:
Hey turbo, this is purely speculation, but if this is like a few other cruise nights that I've done 'downtown', such as Danville, up north... they actually close off a couple of blocks of the main street and diagonally park the cars on both sides of the street... once the street is filled you can't get in so it's basically first come - first parked and if you don't go in together you won't be parked together...

One more note about this type of event... typically you are obligated to stay for a specific period of time before the street is re-opened to traffic.

Hope to see you!

Thanks Linda

I think that's how it will work. I will try to find out more details and post them.

I use the "Have 300, will be there" principle.

·
Registered
108 Posts
wish i could make this... it sounds like fun, but i'll be on vacation in korea.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's an update just click on the link. If you are interested in joining us, just place a post that you will attend. This will give us a better idea for attendees and the organizers of the event we will hold off a section for us which will be nice.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?p=94226#post94226

www.socalcarculture.com

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Just an update, this is really shaping up. The LX guys have really done some great work getting this organized. We need to get a head count, so we can have the parking set aside for us. The sponsor of this event is excited that we will be attending and will set parking aside. There is a $2.00 fee for the event, not bad and we will be entered for any awards.

Here is a post from the LXforums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmagnum

Ok, I had an opportunity to speak with one of the coordinators, she said to call her in advance letting her know how many of us were coming and they'd save the spots for us. Now it's NOT likely to be ON Main St as that is pretty much for The Classics.

Also there is a $2.00 Registration fee, but they will include us in the 14 or so Trophys they hand out.

So lets get a head count. Lots of eats & Drinks & Music.......

Side Note, here is a list of the awards they hand out EACH Friday.

Best of Show
Best Mopar <-------
Best Ford
Best GM
Best Special Interest
Best Antique Stock
Best Detailed
Best Paint
Best Custom
Flames & Graphics
Project Car
Daily Driver
Best Original Interior
Best Truck

There are also Raffle's & a 50/50.

And the event time is 4:00pm to 8:00pm

This really is going to be a great.

If you can make it just make a post or PM me.

Actual Link:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=14208&page=1&pp=10

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
six7one got your PM look foward to seeing you.

Place: Hooters, Anahiam http://hooters.know-where.com/hoote...ite=473&address=
www.socalcarculture.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmagnum

Ok, I had an opportunity to speak with one of the coordinators, she said to call her in advance letting her know how many of us were coming and they'd save the spots for us. Now it's NOT likely to be ON Main St as that is pretty much for The Classics.

Also there is a $2.00 Registration fee, but they will include us in the 14 or so Trophys they hand out.

So lets get a head count. Lots of eats & Drinks & Music.......

Side Note, here is a list of the awards they hand out EACH Friday.

Best of Show
Best Mopar <-------
Best Ford
Best GM
Best Special Interest
Best Antique Stock
Best Detailed
Best Paint
Best Custom
Flames & Graphics
Project Car
Daily Driver
Best Original Interior
Best Truck

There are also Raffle's & a 50/50.

And the event time is 4:00pm to 8:00pm

This really is going to be a great.

If you can make it just make a post or PM me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Garden Grove is a great cruise in. You need to get there very early if you want a parking space on the main drag... otherwise you are relegated to the parking lot in back. We do a similar cruise in at Ruby's Diner in Redondo Beach on Friday nights and finish off at Ricky & Ronnies in Torrance.

I don't think that you want to register my Viper in your event, but I will try to make it on this date to check things out and say hi.

Have fun.

Brad

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'll be there Fatchance. And anyone that's in the Simi/TO/SFV area that wants to convoy down lets make that happen. HEMEEE and I (if she decides to go, though I'm pretty sure she will) are already planning on meeting up, so everyone else is invited to join.

Looking forward to it since I missed the last meet.

·
Registered
85 Posts
friday at 4:30 in the afternoon?? that is pretty rough on those of us that have to work! and even rougher on those of us that aren't in that neighborhood..... :fing26:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
abendx said:
friday at 4:30 in the afternoon?? that is pretty rough on those of us that have to work! and even rougher on those of us that aren't in that neighborhood..... :fing26:

Unfortunately the organizer of the event sets the time. From what I understand they have this ever Friday, we just picked a day. They block off the street after a certian time. I know where your coming from, if you swing it it will be a great time.

We need to plan an event up in your area with HEMEEE. Maybe the SFV?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts