Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SUP BOYS AND GIRLS…

I just picked up a used 2007 300C from my local dealer. I think I have the 7 speaker system because I have 3 speaker grills in dash, 1 in each of the front doors and 2 in the rear deck.

The thing is I don’t have a sub. I have been reading the forums and everything I read is stating that there should be sub installed in the trunk.

Should I have a sub?

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
SUP BOYS AND GIRLS…

I just picked up a used 2007 300C from my local dealer. I think I have the 7 speaker system because I have 3 speaker grills in dash, 1 in each of the front doors and 2 in the rear deck.

The thing is I don’t have a sub. I have been reading the forums and everything I read is stating that there should be sub installed in the trunk.

Should I have a sub?

Thanks in advance
I may have to stand corrected on this, but I believe you have the Boston Acoustics 6 system. If you had the Kicker system your sub would be in the trunk on the left side out in the open. Check your rear shelf from inside the trunk. If it's a BA system that's where it'll be.

Bernie

·
Registered
81 Posts
SUP BOYS AND GIRLS…

Should I have a sub?

Thanks in advance
PM me the VIN number, I'll tell you exactly what you've got :)

·
Banned
651 Posts
& then PM me your credit card number with you secret code on the back :biggrin:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PM me the VIN number, I'll tell you exactly what you've got :)

Toshik,

Thank you for your help on this. I tried to pm but it I recieved an access denied message.

This is is the error message

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I did a car fax on this before I bought and it used to be a hertz rental car. I figured with 14000 miles on it plus it being a chrysler certified used car it should be ok.

Thanks againg for your help

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Toshik,

Thank you for your help on this. I tried to pm but it I recieved an access denied message.

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I did a car fax on this before I bought and it used to be a hertz rental car. I figured with 14000 miles on it plus it being a chrysler certified used car it should be ok.

I was going to comment on the PM thing earlier. You won't have access to private messaging until you have at least 10 posts and have been a member for 10 days.

You'll have to do this manually by going into your User CP, look on the left for Edit Options, put a check in the box next to Enable Private Messaging, scroll to the bottom and click Save.

Same requirement for being able to post in the Buy/Sell forums, but access to those areas will come automatically.

Bernie

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I'm a noob. I spen the last 10 minutes looking for the private message check box and couldn't find it. I guess I have to wait till i hit 10 posts.

Thanks for your help

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I guess I have to wait till i hit 10 posts.
Don't forget the 10 day requirement too! Right now you won't even see that option in your User CP.

Bernie

·
Registered
81 Posts
Toshik,
Carfax has nothing to do with the car equipment, email it to me, I'll send you back the full list of options. Credit card or social not needed :)
fleur_mont (at) yahoo.com

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Toshik,

I want to thank you for all your help. I am giving "10" 300cforum points.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Toshik,

I want to thank you for all your help. I am giving "10" 300cforum points.
Make sure to let us know out of curosity what system you have.

Bernie

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'd bet he has the 6 speaker BA.

Manny, pry up the center grill in the dash and see if there's a speaker under it. There's probably not, just a foam stopper.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts

Manny, pry up the center grill in the dash and see if there's a speaker under it. There's probably not, just a foam stopper.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts

That's my thought seeing as the BA7 was only offered in 2005. He obviously doesn't haved the Kicker cuz he'd have seen the sub in the trunk and the only other option was the base BA6.

Bernie

·
Registered
534 Posts
There was also a BA 8 speaker system in 07. He just has a C, so he couldn't get the Kicker, which was only offered on the SRTs. The BA 6 speaker was the standard, the 8 speaker the upgrade. I have the 8 speaker on my SRT. It came with the 6 and I added the other 2 speakers. Thankfully the car was max wired, so they just plugged in.:biggrin:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There was also a BA 8 speaker system in 07. He just has a C, so he couldn't get the Kicker, which was only offered on the SRTs. The BA 6 speaker was the standard, the 8 speaker the upgrade. I have the 8 speaker on my SRT. It came with the 6 and I added the other 2 speakers. Thankfully the car was max wired, so they just plugged in.:biggrin:

I have the BA 6 speaker system. I figured since the center speaker grill was there, there must be speaker there. :pat: But as Toshik pointed out, its cheaper to make 1 kind of dash and fit it into many different modules, then to make a seperate dash for each one.

Currently I have a free sirus subscription which looks like it's going to run out sometime in May, the car was first sold in April of 2007. Once thats over I am getting an AVIC D-3. It should give me enough time to figure out what I really want to do.

BTW, I love this forum. I have never seen a forum respond so fast and with people who knew what they were saying.

Thanks for everyones help

Reactions: double_dueces

·
Registered
195 Posts
SUP BOYS AND GIRLS…

Should I have a sub?

Thanks in advance
Kicker option is for the srt-8 and is in the trunk, C cars with sounnd II get 7 speakers and a REAR SHELF sub wooffer INBETWEEN THE THE REAR shelf two.TOTAL 8. The 6 speaker setup has no sub.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It would only make sense to me if they were all wired for the 8 speaker system as well, and just left out the components, in the same spirit of saving $ on different wiring harnesses. If that's the case, then my 6 speaker system could very easily become a premium option, with a couple simple additions, and should just plug right in. Anyone have any input on this?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 2006 300C with the BA 6 speaker system (no sub). Is it possible to upgrade to the BA 7 speaker + Sub by merely buying the BA7 speaker amp and Subwoofer and doing a plug and play?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts