Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't believe it's been that long already, I've never ever kept a car so long.

We bought her 3 months old, and she's just had the 7 year MOT & service. Only work needing done was a track rod arm and a brake pipe, although we did have to replace one of the ABS tone rings a few months ago.

Apart from the rattly suspension and a small rip in the driver seat the car is still amazing. I need to get the Startech front spoiler painted as it is badly chipped being so near the ground and the alloys are going in soon to be professionally coated.

The catch can I fitted years ago seems to have done the trick, no more problems with swirl motor failure.

All in all still a great car and even with the inherent issues I won't be going anywhere else for a while!

Keith

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good to hear she's still going strong, my 8 year old is up for MOT next month, same here rattly suspension, small rip in the driver seat, never had a problem with the swirl motor but had the new pipe fitted. Alloys need doing and some marks on front & rear bumpers.

Gary

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure about underneath but I checked the arches and door panels at the weekend and so rust whatsoever.

Keith

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
My 9 year old has slight rust underneath,so I've cleaned it back and waxoiled the complete car underneath

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Bought my car new in Sept 2006, so approaching 8th birthday. Never failed an MOT. Reliability has been very good, apart from failed alternator, despite shroud fitted. Whether its record will prove to be as good as my 17 yr old Audi A4, only time will tell.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i bought mine new march 2008 and now done 125k miles, the only things i can remember are

1) 2 new alternators (out of warranty)
2) swirl motor (in warranty)
3) front left arm/knuckle on front left suspension
4) broken track rod on front right steering
5) recently bonnet cable broke.

thats it so not to bad, what I do have now is some transmission hum that starts around 40mph, but does not seem to be getting any worse, anyone else got that? suggestions where its coming from?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Bought my CRD new in March 07. Still got it. never used in winter. 29.000 miles. Its been all over Europe as that's mainly what I use it for. Had other cars come & go, but the mighty C is STILL in the garage!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I only bought my car in November '2012, but it is approaching 8 years old now. Having only covered 15,000 miles when I bought it, it's now at 23,000 and the only issue I have is it's due a good brake service and I have to overcome my fear of letting anyone else work on my cars, as I suspect I'd take a lot longer to sort a sticky brake than a professional who does it all the time would! It also needs a brake fluid change, and the cost of a pressure bleeder vs. the price of getting the work done (with them taking some of the risk for snapped nipples, or being equipped to deal with it if it happens at least), I'd probably rather pay someone to do it.

Still looks gorgeous, sounds great. On the original battery, but I'm looking at the AGM replacements that are becoming readily available.

As a Hemi, I thoroughly expect to see 250,000 miles in it, though for that to happen I maybe need to drive it more :)

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts