Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just test drove the new 8000K HID's....and holly crap there is a difference on the road...the signs and lane dividers are just popping out at me like crackheads on a friday night.

This is the low beam 8000K HID kit from stealthsrt8. The pic makes them look more blue-ish than they really are...but they are pretty clear/aqua blue in real life.

Hey Rob, didn't mean to alarm ya by my n00b experience with HIDs hah, the lights work great!!!!! Even got me a couple of DAAAAAAAAAAMN :scared: looks on post today haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks great- I also have a 07 Base and want to do HIDs. I don't have projector lenses so I'm wary of the beam pattern. Do you have projector lenses? I can see they are bright, but how is the light dispersion when driving?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Looks great- I also have a 07 Base and want to do HIDs. I don't have projector lenses so I'm wary of the beam pattern. Do you have projector lenses? I can see they are bright, but how is the light dispersion when driving?
I haven't noticed many issues with the beam pattern. On easter sunday I was driving around and I saw a good amount of traffic and I never got flashed by oncoming drivers (or brake checked by the ones in front). I passed my fair share of the 5-0 and nothing.

The pictures are deceiving.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, i don't have projectors (thats my next mod after the grip grill) and well the glare is not so bad since the headlights are still shining at the same angle they used to...the only difference that i saw is that the beams cross a little down the road...I'll try to take a picture to show because it's kind of hard to explain.:pat:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys- Thanks for all the responses. Sergius if you could take a pic that would be great. All these threads regarding HIDGATE, I may have to just pick up one of their kits:biggrin: . All I know is that the stock halogen output is really poor and HID's seem to be the answer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys- Thanks for all the responses. Sergius if you could take a pic that would be great. All these threads regarding HIDGATE, I may have to just pick up one of their kits:biggrin: . All I know is that the stock halogen output is really poor and HID's seem to be the answer.
lol srry I got mine from StealthSRT8...im supporting the 300C associates over Ebay

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, actually I was just using them as a reference since it seems there are tons of threads regarding them as a vendor. Actually I've got some emails out to some of supporting vendors as we speak. With all the specials going on, plus ebay, plus whatever...the choices are abundant. Basically, you guys have confirmed that the beam pattern is ok with these kits, so that is all I really wanted to know anyway

·
Registered
116 Posts
The projectors are definately the way to go... great pics UINBOMBER

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey, i got some new pix of the headlights...and this time the camera pretty much gets the color of the headlights right...instead of being too cartoonish-blue.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
looks great serg!

i've helped a couple of our local club members install projectors. as long as the projectors you buy accomodate 9006 bulbs, your kit will transfer over fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sergius- Great pics. Those look great. Seems the light output is more than adequate and the pattern is something I will no longer be concerned about. Thanks again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts