Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all you guys running 22x9.5 and then 22x10.5 wheels - is it practical?

When you have to get tires rotated and balanced, don't you just have to purchase new tires?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Staggered setups are preferred on performance cars. They're far more stable at speed. Rotation is not a concern because the tires are different sizes so they couldn't be rotated front to rear anyway. And since they're only designed to spin one way, they have to be dismounted to rotate side to side.

Plus, who even bothers to rotate the tires on a hipo car? Nobody. I've been driving performance cars for 10+ years and have never rotated tires once.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
+1 here. I don't think I have ever rotated tyres on any car either. Front and rear tyres on most of the cars I have owned have been of different sizes.

Staggered setups, I guess that is the price you pay. They probably aren't a good idea if its a daily driver as you won't get the wear and tear you normally would with tyres that can be rotated.

I also believe that most performance tyres/directionals show which way they are meant to travel (arrow forward) with one side of the face of the tyre saying this side out. This means RHF-RHR can be exchanged as can & LHF-LHR if the same size, which is also quite pointless really.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts